Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We owned a 2014 Honda CRV AWD bought new. Seamless Honda quality, well thought amenities, storage, function, easy to service. I think it’s rated #1 SUV in the world. However it’s boring. We bought a new Renegade TrailHawk. The Renegade has a tougher look, feel and with same size engine ( 2.4l) the little Jeep runs harder with less RPM. It has better road feed back, maybe a little quieter road noise. It’s just fun to drive. The only complaint is small center console, very little storage throughout. AND no rear cargo cover unless you spend BIG $$$ really Jeep ? Other than that we like it. Bought for my wife, but I have fun in it too.

·
Super Moderator
1,576 Posts
Good to hear about real world comparisons.

We get the "cargo cover" included in Europe. :p

·
Super Moderator
1,576 Posts
HR-Vs are 2WD only in Europe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we had a CR-v. Not an HR-V, so That’s what we compared. Besides the two sizes were similar, and our CR-V was an AWD. The Renegade is 1” wider, taller, 4” more ground clearance, but 11” shorter in length. I am told the Renegade is a lot closer to a 4WD than An AWD. Anyway the Trail Hawk is a lot more fun to drive. Even though we’re old, never too old to have fun. I done the comparison in hopes of giving others insight that may want to switch over, or just FYI.

·
Registered
116 Posts
We owned a 2014 Honda CRV AWD bought new. Seamless Honda quality, well thought amenities, storage, function, easy to service. I think it’s rated #1 SUV in the world. However it’s boring. We bought a new Renegade TrailHawk. The Renegade has a tougher look, feel and with same size engine ( 2.4l) the little Jeep runs harder with less RPM. It has better road feed back, maybe a little quieter road noise. It’s just fun to drive. The only complaint is small center console, very little storage throughout. AND no rear cargo cover unless you spend BIG $$$ really Jeep ? Other than that we like it. Bought for my wife, but I have fun in it too.
We had a Honda Element and the only thing we miss is the wide open storage options. The Element could be slept in, carry all our gear, wet dogs, etc. Our neighbor on the farm next to us had a calf delivered to her by a couple (not us) with an Element.

But the Renegade gets better gas mileage, better handling, more fun to drive, was easier to "Rack" for our canoes, and has gone places we wouldn't have taken the "E." If only Jeep would/could make our Renegade with the Element's rear storage, it would be the "Perfect" vehicle; for us, anyway.

Sorry to hear the cargo cover was "Extra." Ours was no charge, I said we didn't really want it. So they threw it in for free.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I always find the cargo cover just in the way and take it out. It collects dust in the attic until I forget I have it usually.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We had a Honda Element and the only thing we miss is the wide open storage options. The Element could be slept in, carry all our gear, wet dogs, etc. Our neighbor on the farm next to us had a calf delivered to her by a couple (not us) with an Element.

But the Renegade gets better gas mileage, better handling, more fun to drive, was easier to "Rack" for our canoes, and has gone places we wouldn't have taken the "E." If only Jeep would/could make our Renegade with the Element's rear storage, it would be the "Perfect" vehicle; for us, anyway.

Sorry to hear the cargo cover was "Extra." Ours was no charge, I said we didn't really want it. So they threw it in for free.
I also came from an Element (mine was also Sunburst Orange). The Honda was head and shoulders above the Renegade in terms of fit and finish, and cargo capacity as well. But, yeah it was kinda boring. The Jeep is WAAAY more fun to drive!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts