1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts
Yep to save gas and Jeep has had start/stop since late 2017.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
A lot of new cars have this feature. I know some Renegade models have it, not sure they all do. My nieces Mercedes has it and some times she has to put it in park and restart the car, it doesn't want to go. Dealer can't find out why it is happening. The feature has been shut off for now until she can let the dealer have it for a day or more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
As of 2019 model year in order to manufacture vehicles in the USA the evil EPA requires it on all vehicles. 2018 was the last model year we could get that we weren’t stuck with that blasphemous feature unless it was an option and we elected to have it. That is what the Chevy Dealer told me when I asked to test drive one without it before i finally got my Jeep dealer to play at my table figuratively speaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,399 Posts
Luckily you can fully disable it and forget it.

Where-as on JLR and other FCA vehicles (Alfas) you have to push the button every time you start the car.

These system suck worse on autos.
On manuals it's less intrusive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Luckily you can fully disable it and forget it.

Where-as on JLR and other FCA vehicles (Alfas) you have to push the button every time you start the car.

These system suck worse on autos.
On manuals it's less intrusive.

Luckily FCA gives us a freakin button. GM said **** you you’re stuck with it permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drove a Ford van rental in the UK a couple of weeks ago and that had the same thing, with a disable switch - but every time you take another journey the system resets back to shutting off.

No fun in stop-go traffic!

·
Super Moderator
1,399 Posts
The dumb thing about the Renegade is that the Start/Stop stays deactivated, but the Active Drive resets every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts