Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have some questions on a new TH from anyone that has newer model's.
I have a 2016 have had for 3 year's and have been looking at a couple of 2019 discounted heavily with the new finance offered. One difference is I notice the rear hatch has a handle slot bow to open, did they do away with the hidden button underneath and does it open automatically?
One has the beats radio with Nav 8.4" and the other has the 7" display. How is the 2019 Beats sound compared to past years? I have Kenwood dash speakers I would pull out of mine an put factory back in, but curious on sound of the Beats 9 speaker.
Is the Nav system worth it in this as well? I have a Garmin drive smart 6" magnet mounted between the center dash vents.
So difference between them Leather seats is bigger screen w/ Nav system and Beats audio and built in tow hitch, Both have heated seats and steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I heard that the 7" might be the uconnect 4. The uconnect 4 has Android and Apple play (whatever it's called). Which would allow for phone mirroring. Run the map app from your phone and see it on the uconnect.

The Beats, from what I have heard, do have the bugs worked out and is a really good system in the newer Jeeps.
I like the Beats audio system in my 2016 Renegade.

The Nav 8.4 is in the wife's 2018 Ram 1500. that too is a really good system.

I like my leather. easy to clean and tough.

What are the engine options?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of them now have Apple or Android mirroring on Uconnect, both have the 1.3 Turbo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2019 Trailhawk. There is still an unlock and lock rubber covered pair of buttons under the rear hatch handle. It just pops it. It doesn't open up on powered struts or anything fancy.

I don't have the beats audio. I have the 8.4" display with nav. The nav works OK. It does make obvious mistakes. Example: down a straight, large road that flows directly to my next turn, it always wants to turn off onto a small, unnamed, frontage road style access to businesses that bears the same name as the main road. It can't just be traffic avoidance either. It does it in the middle of the night at the same place. Coming from my 2009 JK's RER navigation I would put it "just as dumb." The 8.4 runs apple play just fine including apple's navigaton so if you hate the built in nav, you can still use your phone's nav.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts