Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Purchased a 2019 Trailhawk with 1.3 Firefly Turbo. Significant improvement in acceleration and power over 2.4. Issue is no dealers have requisite oil or filter?! Requires 0w-30 sn plus oil and a filter that has not been shipped to dealers. Have filed a complaint with fca who promised a call back over a week ago. First time I’ve ever heard of a major vehicle manufacturer releasing a vehicle without any plans to do basic oil service. I’m an advanced home mechanic and can not find aftermarket filters either. Can obtain oil (Mobil 1 or Pennzoil). Seeking advice or information. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. Purchased a 2019 Trailhawk with 1.3 Firefly Turbo. Significant improvement in acceleration and power over 2.4. Issue is no dealers have requisite oil or filter?! Requires 0w-30 sn plus oil and a filter that has not been shipped to dealers. Have filed a complaint with fca who promised a call back over a week ago. First time I’ve ever heard of a major vehicle manufacturer releasing a vehicle without any plans to do basic oil service. I’m an advanced home mechanic and can not find aftermarket filters either. Can obtain oil (Mobil 1 or Pennzoil). Seeking advice or information. Thanks
I have a 2019 Jeep renegade and I'm going in for my first oil change and I'm having the same problem no oil filters for this engine. Have you heard anything new

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Oil & Filter some folks have been using for the 1.3T.

Oil Filter: Mopar 68439517AA

Calls for: 0w30 SN+ oil; what is available: Mobil 1 AFE. Around $26.00 for a 5 quart bottle at Walmart.

Reactions: dgr401

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our dealers have begun stocking the oil filter. So far I still can’t find it at an auto parts store. I purchased a couple from the dealer to keep on hand. Already have 18,000 miles since May. Not one issue. Great performance and fuel economy. So far very impressed with the firefly.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I need to make a note of the 2.4 filter #. I saw my local Walmart had a half dozen or so Mopar filters on the shelf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts