Jeep Renegade Forum banner

2019 Transmission Hard Shift

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Darb1177 
#1 ·
Our Trailhawk has been shifting hard especially on cold mornings.
Took it in and the tech agreed it wasn’t right. He tweaked a software setting and sent me home.
Still a hard shift going into 3rd gear.
Back in the shop again and they’re saying the same thing. They’ve tweaked the settings again and I’m supposed to pick it up this afternoon.
Anybody else with this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I think this is a Renegade issue in general. I thought they changed the transmission on the 2019's but I guess they did not when they added the new 1.3 turbo.

#4 ·
Took it in and the tech agreed it wasn’t right. He tweaked a software setting and sent me home.
Back in the shop again and they’re saying the same thing. They’ve tweaked the settings again and I’m supposed to pick it up this afternoon.

Hi jeepmouse, did the dealer address the concern? Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN if you would like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

#8 ·

Been fighting with hard shifting for almost a year, and it's a TON worse in cold . They "replaced" the trans, c and honestly it's only gotten worse.
I've been without the car more than with it. So we're waiting again to take it because... Well, I need a vehicle.
This is 2015 tho. 49k miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.