Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got this car in March 2020, has about 5000 miles... Last week trying to open the door with Fob (no keys ) it finally opened after pushing about 5 times... I had a spare one in a drawer so tried it and it works fine Problem is, what happens if /when this one stops working. I haven't checked the manual yet.
Do the fobs just wear out and need to be replaced? does it need replacing? must I go to the dealer? or can I go to a different dealer?

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
For what it's worth, our 2021 Trailhawk came with the full 431-page hard-copy Owner's Manual.

And, yes, the information about how to replace the remote battery is there on p. 15.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You might want to take it to dealer if you are under 36000 miles, our 2018 Renegade latitude did same thing, they tole me the fobs have been going bad, they checked fob battery and engine battery and they were charged enough, they have a way to check output of fob and both ours were too low to wrk right, they programmed 2 new fobs for us at no charge.

·
Registered
880 Posts
they tole me the fobs have been going bad, they checked fob battery and engine battery and they were charged enough, they have a way to check output of fob and both ours were too low to wrk right, they programmed 2 new fobs for us at no charge.
I'm confused as to how electronic components, like a remote key fob, can have "output" too low...other than the battery being old. They're just tiny radio transmitters.

You know that CR2032 coin batteries aren't "charged"...? :unsure:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm confused as to how electronic components, like a remote key fob, can have "output" too low...other than the battery being old. They're just tiny radio transmitters.

You know that CR2032 coin batteries aren't "charged"...? :unsure:
What they told me signal was weak, thats aka I know, they told me quite a few are happening, 2 new fobs were programed for our Renegadeand so far no issues, I have noticed I can lock/unlock doors a lot farther away from Jeep than with old fobs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts