Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I took my stock 2020 Trailhawk on the beach for the first time last weekend and it did so well that I decided I didn’t need a lift..... well then I came across Avid’s economy/budget 1.5” lift and for the price and all the reviews I read, I was sold. With the idea to install a lift replanted into my head, I naturally started to look into larger wheels. While looking in the wheel wells for my 20 I noticed how there seemed to not be any pinch welds that would cause issue with a larger set of tires. Like none at all. Is this something they updated with the facelift models or am I missing something?
i also noticed that the stock tires sit really close to the strut perch. If I get the Avid lift will that clearance still be an issue with larger tires? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey there,

I have a new 2020 Renegade Trailhawk as well. I recently added BFG 225 65/R17 tire and Rugged Ridge 1.25” Spacers. I noticed I have slight rubbing when I turn full right/left. I’ve also noticed that the 2020 models now have a metal plate installed in front of where the pinch seam weld would be and on top of that is a new acoustic fabric attached to the wheel liner. This limits the space behind the wheel at full turn. Most with older model Renegades don’t have any rubbing issues with a 225 65/R17. But that doesn’t seem to be the case on 2020 models. Not from my experience once adding spacers. I haven’t fully taken my liner off but I was pretty sure there was still a pinch seem weld behind that metal plate. Can you confirm your is this way. Hope this help and didn’t confuse the issue. Take care!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there,

I have a new 2020 Renegade Trailhawk as well. I recently added BFG 225 65/R17 tire and Rugged Ridge 1.25” Spacers. I noticed I have slight rubbing when I turn full right/left. I’ve also noticed that the 2020 models now have a metal plate installed in front of where the pinch seam weld would be and on top of that is a new acoustic fabric attached to the wheel liner. This limits the space behind the wheel at full turn. Most with older model Renegades don’t have any rubbing issues with a 225 65/R17. But that doesn’t seem to be the case on 2020 models. Not from my experience once adding spacers. I haven’t fully taken my liner off but I was pretty sure there was still a pinch seem weld behind that metal plate. Can you confirm your is this way. Hope this help and didn’t confuse the issue. Take care!
I will be sure to check that out when I get home.
So if I’m unwilling to go the Spacer route, I should get a lift? I had plans to go for a 225/65/17 as well but would rather stay away from spacers given the conflicted opinions on them. I’m new to all of this so I’m not quite sure which way would be better.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Hey there,

I have a new 2020 Renegade Trailhawk as well. I recently added BFG 225 65/R17 tire and Rugged Ridge 1.25” Spacers...
If you were to change to front spacers to 1 inch (so that you have 1 inch in the front and 1.25 in the rear) the rubbing will go away.

Reactions: Goku

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Hey all,
i also noticed that the stock tires sit really close to the strut perch. If I get the Avid lift will that clearance still be an issue with larger tires? Any help would be appreciated!
if you go larger then 28.5 inch tire, you will need a 1 inch spacer to clear the spring perch (i.e. 225/65R17 no spacer required; 235/65R17 requires a spacer).

Reactions: Goku
1 - 6 of 6 Posts