Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Saturday, just took advantage of the high trade in value on our 2015 Renegade Latitude, Sierra Blue, with Cold Weather Package, Power Seat, and Keyless Start for a 2021 Renegade Limited in Jetset Blue, which has the 1.3L turbo engine. There were some generous regional incentives on the Limited that we took advantage of.

Anyways, I'm very familiar with how the engine bay of our old 2.4L is supposed to look, but not as familiar with the newer 1.3L engine. Am I missing an engine cover or is this how the 2021 1.3L is supposed to look? All of the images I Google show a different decorative engine cover. If there is supposed to be a cover there, it looks like the standoffs and ball mounts are missing as well.

Anyone else with a 2021 1.3L?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And to answer my own question..... I have looked at numerous 2021 and some 2020 Limited and Trailhawk listings on AutoTrader. Of the ones that have pictures of the engine, all of them seem to be missing the cover from 2019. Does anyone know of why there was a change? The picture of the engine on the Jeep website still shows the old cover.

·
Super Moderator
4,104 Posts
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!

Some have them and some don't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Yeah, the best I can tell it seems to have changed part way through the 2020 model year. I'd be interested to hear why it changed though. All of the online parts manuals I have seen show your cover up to a certain (assumedly manufacture) date and another cover that I don't recognize.

·
Registered
2019 White Renegade latitude
22 Posts
I traded in a 2019 latitude with the 1.3 engine....it had the cover....apparently it was deleted for the 2021 model year as my new 2021 limited does not have one either. I do think the engine bay looked better with it...my opinion....

·
Registered
324 Posts
2021 Renegade Trailhawk, bought two weeks ago. No engine cover:

I was a bit surprised, but it certainly doesn't bother me. In fact, I actually think it looks better this way. and makes access to the oil filler/dipstick easier, as well as one less component to remove to get to the ignition coils and spark plugs...

·
Registered
2020 Renegade Trialhawk 1.3l - 2019 Cherokee Limited 3.2 - 2007 Liberty Limited
17 Posts
On Saturday, just took advantage of the high trade in value on our 2015 Renegade Latitude, Sierra Blue, with Cold Weather Package, Power Seat, and Keyless Start for a 2021 Renegade Limited in Jetset Blue, which has the 1.3L turbo engine. There were some generous regional incentives on the Limited that we took advantage of.

Anyways, I'm very familiar with how the engine bay of our old 2.4L is supposed to look, but not as familiar with the newer 1.3L engine. Am I missing an engine cover or is this how the 2021 1.3L is supposed to look? All of the images I Google show a different decorative engine cover. If there is supposed to be a cover there, it looks like the standoffs and ball mounts are missing as well.

Anyone else with a 2021 1.3L?
My 2020 did not have an engine cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey,

I have a 2021 Renegade Trailhawk 1.3T, no cover. You don't need it TBH. It was just aesthetics I believe!
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that was supposed to be there. It's just odd to see an engine bay without a cover nowadays. I didn't want them to try to blame/deny any future engine warranty repairs on not having a cover. 🤣

1 - 11 of 11 Posts