Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Islander
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the dealership and they told me that the 2021's don't have the ability, even through their scan tools, to check how much oil life is remaining. I don't put on a ton of miles so I'm coming up on one year since purchase (new) and a little over 6,000 miles with no oil change light. Is it worth checking with other dealerships? Or, does anyone know if AlfaOBD can check this? (If so, I'd much rather spend money on that than spend any more time at dealerships.)

·
Registered
2021 Islander
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I suppose there's no issue with changing the oil more often than recommended. Can the oil life be reset before the minder displays? If the ecu thinks that I've driven especially hard, it'd be nice to know to know and adjust accordingly. One of my concerns is that I inadvertently exceed the calculated interval and risk voiding my warranty (which not being able to check the oil could certainly contribute to).

·
Registered
2021 Islander
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My god, whatever did we do before in car computers? Lets see, maybe write mileage at oil change plus 5000 mi on post it note to and stick on inside of eindshield?
We can all change our oil whenever we want. I hope it's not too inappropriate for me to ask a question in a how-to forum about how to check my remaining oil life.

·
Registered
2021 Islander
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked through the service history on mopar.com for my vehicle and saw there's an entry for an oil change about 6 months ago that wasn't noted on my service invoice. It was in the shop for over a month for warranty work, and they put on around 500 miles, so maybe that explains why the minder hasn't come on for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts