Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to all . I have a 2021 renegade and I just yesterday tried to start it and all these errors came up , can that be from a battery Issue or can any one tell me if there something I can do thanks for any help .

·
Registered
2021 Renegade Trailhawk
82 Posts
The little toaster is very sensitive to its battery. It wouldn’t hurt to get it tested. Check to make sure your terminals are good and tight as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did check the terminals they are tight , everything was fine yesterday morning this all started last night , just seems weird , I will try the battery. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts

and enjoy the forum!
98% of the problems with our little Jeeps is a weak battery.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I know you've also got another thread going regarding this problem...

The little toaster is very sensitive to its battery. It wouldn’t hurt to get it tested.
I want to reinforce that; and to amplify that proper testing of a battery is more than just hooking up a multimeter and checking voltage, either off or running. You need to have a proper professional load test done...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just decided to replace the battery it seems to be the fix ,hopefully for a long time . Now I am having a problem with the sky roof it opens fine won't close if any body can help with that one that would be great thanks for everyone's help .

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I just decided to replace the battery it seems to be the fix ,hopefully for a long time .
Glad to hear that. I hope the dealer replaced it under warranty...?

Now I am having a problem with the sky roof it opens fine won't close if any body can help with that one that would be great thanks for everyone's help .
I can't help you with that one. But for someone who can, are you sure it's the MySky? Or is it the Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had major errors in my 2015 and a battery swap fixed it until that battery drained down again. My problem was a short in the ignition switch. It was just enough to convince the computer that the car was still on even though it was powered off (causing the drain). Keep an eye on your battery voltage ... just sayin'.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Keep an eye on your battery voltage ... just sayin'.
Hmmm... How did you finally find the ignition switch short?

Like I wrote, just checking battery voltage, whether engine off or running at rest, doesn't give the entire story. You have to check it under load.

The Uconnect system on my 2021 can monitor battery voltage while driving, so hopefully that approximates a stress test. I've never used that setting; maybe I should start to...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just decided to replace the battery it seems to be the fix ,hopefully for a long time . Now I am having a problem with the sky roof it opens fine won't close if any body can help with that one that would be great thanks for everyone's help .
Hi, one guy in here, sorry forgot name, but you will recognize this: I had the same miserible problem, here is my fix: LITHIUM grease/oil...he said...the tracks for the sliding sky roof are PLASTIC...the roof acts like it thought a head was in the way and would back up or no nothing...go get Lithium tube or spray...the spray is yuckie...I use the tube of creme......keep that tube in Jeep...it is a miracle, had dealer, etc, they didn't know how...they told me the motor would be $700....THIS WAS THE RIGHT ANSWER...people in here are BRILLIANT when it comes to advice...I am 80 years young and Closter phobic...had to have that My Sky....yes, also a woman!!! lol...I am having your LIGHT UPs too, passenger seat air bad needs service it says, my Skid motion is a nice orange, and another problem...but my problem was a mouse ate some of my wires...have to tape those and hoping it's fixed! Thanks everyone reading this..and for super advice....

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
You have 9 speeds. You can tell what gear by pulling shift handle to the left. It will tell you what gear you are in.
Cool you learn something ever day thanks !
But note that it'll stay in that gear, and not shift automatically as long as the lever is clicked to the left.

(I'm pretty-sure it'll finally shift when engine RPMs get really diferent, in order not to damage the engine or transmission.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts