Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Renegade and have issues with the instrument cluster. It will randomly shut off. I cannot tell if any driving conditions cause this. It just disappears! Also, when restarting from a stoplight shutdown, the engine is very rough and clunky and lurches forward.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stop/start can take a bit to get used to. You need to anticipate starts. If you just hit the gas then you will get a lurch on restart as the transmission engages. Instead, lift your foot off the brake early enough so that its idling for a second or two before you mash the pedal.

As to the cluster--dealer.

·
Super Moderator
4,087 Posts
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!
Hope you get your problem worked out. We love our little Jeep!

·
Registered
2019 White Renegade latitude
21 Posts
I have A new 2021 Limited with a 1.3 L turbo engine and the same cluster you have. I have the same problem with it and blinking out periodically. Mine seems to only do it at highway speed, I’ve never seen it do it in town which is odd. I was able to video it and show the dealer what it was doing so they didn’t think I had lost my mind… They tried doing an update to the body control module behind the display which of course didn’t fix it… So they Open day star ticket with Chrysler… Apparently Chrysler is aware of the problem and I’m told by my dealer that a software update will be out in the second quarter to correct this problem… So just hang in there

·
Registered
2019 White Renegade latitude
21 Posts
As for your car lurching after the stop start re-engages, it’s some thing you have to get used to you. I had difficulties at first with the stop start as I would let up on the break and immediately try to step on the gas which doesn’t work… You got to let the engine start, give it about 1 to 2 seconds and then step on the gas and you won’t have this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have A new 2021 Limited with a 1.3 L turbo engine and the same cluster you have. I have the same problem with it and blinking out periodically. Mine seems to only do it at highway speed, I’ve never seen it do it in town which is odd. I was able to video it and show the dealer what it was doing so they didn’t think I had lost my mind… They tried doing an update to the body control module behind the display which of course didn’t fix it… So they Open day star ticket with Chrysler… Apparently Chrysler is aware of the problem and I’m told by my dealer that a software update will be out in the second quarter to correct this problem… So just hang in there
Thank you for this info. Sometimes if I scroll through all the options, it will stop blinking out. Remains to be seen if it can be fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As for your car lurching after the stop start re-engages, it’s some thing you have to get used to you. I had difficulties at first with the stop start as I would let up on the break and immediately try to step on the gas which doesn’t work… You got to let the engine start, give it about 1 to 2 seconds and then step on the gas and you won’t have this problem.
Yes, I can finesse the start stop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts