Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded a month or so ago to a set of Toyo Open Country ATIIs in 215/70/16 on my 4x4 Latitude, but that puts the speedo off by about 2 miles per hour at 70MPH.

I had it in for an oil change yesterday and asked them to calibrate the speedo for the larger tire, and they told me there is nothing they can do about it and to just live with it.

This seems like a totally bunk answer to me - anyone know different?

Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Same here, no recalibration. I'm thinking about changing factory 215/60/17 to 225/65/17, and the speedo would be 5 km/h faster.

·
Registered
99 Posts
On my TH, stock size 215/60/17 shows 3% higher speed as real (GPS), when I put second wheelset with 215/70/16 AT tyres, GPS and speedo become "synchronised". @Anthony - try with GPS, maybe now you have real speed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The dealer can change the tire size of any FCA vehicle with a micropod in CDA. It's in the proxy under revs/mile. Just take the number that's in the proxy and multiply it by 72/70 or 70/72. Whichever way you're off, then click write.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my TH, stock size 215/60/17 shows 3% higher speed as real (GPS), when I put second wheelset with 215/70/16 AT tyres, GPS and speedo become "synchronised". @Anthony - try with GPS, maybe now you have real speed.
I checked with a GPS on my phone, but will try again later with an old Garmin that I know to be accurate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went from 216/60/17 to 215/65/17. The tires are 1" bigger in diameter, and changed the speedo. When speed says Im going 60, GPS says its 62.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer can change the tire size of any FCA vehicle with a micropod in CDA. It's in the proxy under revs/mile. Just take the number that's in the proxy and multiply it by 72/70 or 70/72. Whichever way you're off, then click write.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
I have a 2018 trailhawk and they couldn't adjust mine. They said they couldn't find anything about tires. I showed them your post.

·
Registered
996 Posts
To be fair Viper. 3 year old post or not.

You did search just like some of us asked (y)(y)(y)

Could this be a reason for Police speed cameras to allow for a small deviation in speed calibration or are they just lazy barstewards that didn't calibrate the cameras at the start of shift?

·
Registered
2 Posts

• To be fair Viper. 3 year old post or not.

You did search just like some of us asked (y)(y)(y)

Could this be a reason for Police speed cameras to allow for a small deviation in speed calibration or are they just lazy barstewards that didn't calibrate the cameras at the start of shift?
    I just went with a lot bigger tire than factory so I was just trying to find something to fix my problem.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
USUALLY, the dealer can correct for tire size with in a specific degree.

In the scan tool it is called a "Pinion Angle Adjustment". Nothing to do with adjusting the pinion angle, but that is the sub-menu when the tire size adjustment can be made.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts