Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Renny is equipped with the optional 225/55-18 tires and I'm looking for something different. I like the current rims, but I'd like an all-terrain type of tire with raised white lettering. I'm finding this size to be somewhat of an oddball size...

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to find an alternative? Maybe an equivalent size that's close to the size above in circumference and width?

Thank you!
:x

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to break it to ya but there is pretty much nothing out there, especially in white letters. I have a 75th anniversary edition with 18's n ended up finding a set of oem 16's on eBay n bought a set of general grabber at2's with white letters

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Have you thought about dropping down to 17" or 16" rims in a similar style and seeing what rubber with raised white letters are available? Ok, I know it ain't what you want, but as a compromise.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Which is most important? 225/55/18 Yokohama ATS is an Allterrain. But white lettering is not going to be found easily. BFG allterrain (ko2) is available in white lettering, but only certain sizes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang.....I was afraid of this. I really like the stock 18" wheel design and was hopeful for RWL tires for it, but it looks like I'm SOL. I'll give the 17's some thought...

Thanks for all your help/advice guys! :x

·
Registered
10 Posts
been wondering about the same thing. Its sounding like Yokohama A/T-S G012 is the current choice - hand painted white like the pic from user 34 above. sounds like Yokohama are rolling up the G012s and replacing them with the newer, more agressive looking (IMO) G015, reasonable chance they will also have 225/55R18s, but nothing confirmed yet. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
715 Posts
been wondering about the same thing. Its sounding like Yokohama A/T-S G012 is the current choice - hand painted white like the pic from user 34 above. sounds like Yokohama are rolling up the G012s and replacing them with the newer, more agressive looking (IMO) G015, reasonable chance they will also have 225/55R18s, but nothing confirmed yet. Fingers crossed!

They are less aggressive looking. ATS look like an all terrain, the newer ones are a little tamer, but with that, a quieter ride I would expect. The sidewall does look better than the ATSs tho

·
Registered
607 Posts
My Renny is equipped with the optional 225/55-18 tires and I'm looking for something different. I like the current rims, but I'd like an all-terrain type of tire with raised white lettering. I'm finding this size to be somewhat of an oddball size...

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to find an alternative? Maybe an equivalent size that's close to the size above in circumference and width?

Thank you!
:x
Indeed. I'd say 16 would have more options. Of course I'm biased from BFG, as I do tires for a living. There is a dude on toasterjeep that did his own white lettering on his Yokohama ATS. Looks almost factory

This is very easy. Buy a white oil based tire marker pen, and color in the letters yourself. Boom! White letter tires.

http://www.reliablepaper.com/Sanfor...u0GLRSxBq_9VBgEvUHAGM8hoCqbrw_wcB&click=53253

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.