Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here but I've been lurking since I bought my 2017 Sport 4x4 about a week ago. First thing I wanted to do was get bigger tires since the stock ones look like someone who always skips leg day. Anyways I brought her in to Les Schwab, a west coast dealer (9 states I believe) and they have a tire called Back Country A/T that I decided to roll with. After some searching, the Back Country A/Ts are made by Dean Tires, a subsidy of Cooper Tires. Long story short, the 225/70/16 fits perfectly with no rubbing. I took her off the pavement today, nothing too crazy but hit some puddles, hills, and washboard dirt and the ride was smooth. The road noise is only slighly more noticeable than stock. I would highly recommend the Back Country A/Ts thus far. Les Schwab bought my stock Continentals for $50 each, which really solidified my decision to get the new tires. I've attached a picture of my Renegade so people can see what a slightly bigger tire looks like vs. stock without having to modify anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good to know!

Just received my vison cross 16x7 +38 w/ 225/70/16 BFG TA KO2... going on Tues they sent wrong thread pitch wheel studs.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm considering getting this size for my 2016 Jeep Renegade Sport 4x4 (same color as the original poster too).
The stock 215 65 16 do look small given the size of the wheel wells.

I was just following up to see if anyone had an issues after a number of months of usage.

The 225 70 16 tires are approximately 5% larger, with the speedometer reading that much less. I guess it will help keep the extended warranty I got (good until 160,000 km) a little longer :)

Did you guys notice any other issues? Significant decrease in mpg (besides 5% from speedometer reading change), braking, handling, etc?

Cheers.

Matt

·
Registered
475 Posts
I ran 225/60/17 winter tires on a set of steel wheels for the winter. Looked and fit great. Snow was not a problem for the Renegade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm thinking of just replacing my tires but keeping the 6.5" rims - checking tire comparison websites, the increased width of the 225/70/16 tire is compatible (6-7" rim width).

Would I better off going with 215/70/16 to keep the existing rims?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi forum, when I replace the tires to be bigger size than stock, does that void engine, transmission, and other factory warranties?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
4,057 Posts
Hi forum, when I replace the tires to be bigger size than stock, does that void engine, transmission, and other factory warranties?

Thank you.
They have to prove that it made the part or parts fail!

We have been running 235 65 17 with no lift for about a year now with 0 problems.

·
Super Moderator
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
They have to prove that it made the part or parts fail!

We have been running 235 65 17 with no lift for about a year now with 0 problems.
Just came across your post. Can you tell me if those 235 65 17 tires were the absolute fattest ones you could put on there without rubbing and was it without a lift? My wife's 2020 Renegade has a veyr harsh and bumpy as hell ride and I am trying to figure out how to soften it up a little. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts