Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after trading my lifted Fj cruiser in for my new renegade back in March because I was tired of having a truck with a 5" lift and 35" tires..... I realized that although I love my new jeep, I needed just a LITTLE more lift and some better tires for when I'm at the drive on beach and other such adventures that I go on from time to time with the wife and kids.
Anyway, so while I loved all the goodies that my 75th anniversary edition come with, 18" wheels are not a positive for me. Variety and sizing is limited as anybody else here with 18's would know.
I've been reading all of the posts about different tires and sizes and rim sizes to the point that I wanted to drive the jeep of a bridge... But instead, while drunkingly scrolling thru eBay one night, made an offer on a set of new, 16" renegade wheels. Oh yeah did I mention I really didn't like any aftermarket ones as much as I just think the oem wheels? Another long forum search...
Fast forward the next morning, and my offer was received. I won the set for $500 shipped to my door in ny.
So now I HAD to get tires! I wanted an aggressive tire like the bfg ko2's but all that added weight just seemed like it was gonna slow my little jeep down even more than it already is.
So after a ton more research and forum threads, I finally decided to go with some general grabber at2's in a 235/70/16.
Man what can I say? Would they fit? Who knows! Some forums said yes, others, no.
Oh yeah sorry I forgot, I had just installed the daystar 1 1/2" lift the week before, so that should definitely be mentioned haha... Yet another bud light fueled purchase.
So the final verdict:
They fit! It's really tight but they just make it with no running anywhere. No pinch weld, no spacers, just the lift.
The grabbers weigh about 6 lbs less per tire than the ko2's and I went down 2" on rims size, so overall I think the total weight on the new set up is very close to the original. The ride is much smoother with the extra rubber underneath and the look pretty much speaks for itself! I mean in my opinion anyway. It's exactly how I wanted the renegade to look and handle from the beginning.
So, sorry for all the run on sentances and blabbering, here are some picks.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks good. Once you mentioned the lift it all made sense. Good stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.