Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what it would take to get 255/75/R17 BF Goodrich LT Mud Terrains on Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock Wheels on to a 2015 Latitude Renegade?

If its possible, I was thinking at least spacers with a bolt pattern change and then maybe one of the lift kits? Wasnt sure if either of those or a different option was available.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
You think it'll work out well going 19 lbs per quarter heavier before the wheel and spacers?

At that point, you definitely need more braking capacity and possibly different struts and springs.

There's one shop that did a 255 something 18 inch tire. Nobody has seen the thing actually being driven that I know of though.

At the very least, you will need spacers, a lift, and a fat wallet.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Way too tall. The 18" KO2 the Dallas shop did was a 255/55/18. The KMs used on Rubicons and the like are just under a 32" I believe. Too much work for a tire that wouldn't be the most comfortable. Try a KM2 mud terrain in a 245/70/17 1st and see how to fit that

·
Registered
85 Posts
What's the stock tire?

255mm is pretty wide, and with a 75% ratio is pretty tall.

Just for reference, I have 255/50/17 on my '95 Impala, and that tire has a contact patch close to 10" wide, and the tire itself is over 10" wide.

A comparison, stock Trailhawk tire, your requested tire, and the tire I mentioned for my Impala:

Code:
Specification  Sidewall  Radius  Diameter  Circumference  Revs/Mile  Difference
215/65-17         5.5in  14.0in    28.0in         88.0in        720        0.0%
255/75-17         7.5in  16.0in    32.1in        100.7in        629       14.5%
255/50-17         5.0in  13.5in    27.0in         84.9in        746       -3.4%
I would be very surprised if that tire fits. It's a 32" tire, four inches bigger than the stock 28" tire on the Trailhawk which already has better clearance than the Latitude and itself has trouble with bigger tires.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone know what it would take to get 255/75/R17 BF Goodrich LT Mud Terrains on Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock Wheels on to a 2015 Latitude Renegade?

If its possible, I was thinking at least spacers with a bolt pattern change and then maybe one of the lift kits? Wasnt sure if either of those or a different option was available.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Daystar says you can go up two tire sizes. So, basically you can get away with a 235 tire. Anything above that and you'll have issues. At least that's what they told me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Daystar says you can go up two tire sizes. So, basically you can get away with a 235 tire. Anything above that and you'll have issues. At least that's what they told me.
Depending on the actual tire(all brands are sized a little bit differently) I think people have been fitting 235/17s without any major rubbing, but lift will be required for sure. Not sure on the spacers, depends on the wheel used and the offset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.