Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loved my renegade for about 2 weeks. The we started having "passive entry service" messages. Took it in, told it was fixed after a few days. Dealer drove it out to us with error message still on so they kept it another week and replaced the ignition switch. After we got it back it was driving very choppy, halting to a stop, and then started accelerating while braking going down hills and around turns. Did not want to die and be the reason for a recall, so took it back in. After almost 3 weeks and the techs working with the engineers, we were told it is dead and we need to leave it until the 30 days is done, and then chrysler will start the buy back lemon process. Dealer says they have no pull with chrysler to resolve sooner. Dealer has us in a loaner indefinetely at least, but super upset to be making payments on a car that worked 2 weeks of the 3 months I've owned it.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I'm not surprises that you are super upset, I would be too. Are you going to get another Renegade or has it put you off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, waiting the 30 days for the lemon law. The dealer has been helpful and told us to wait it out so we can get a buy back. Going to go with a wrangler. I've had 2 in the past and no troubles. Just didn't want to spend the money and wanted better gas mileage. Too bad. Loved the look of the Renegade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.