Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend is looking to get rid of her 2011 outback like the renegade but think I have her convinced to look at something else. Had a liberty, she liked. Although was thinking of a Tacoma or Tundra even a countryman for what she wants.

Trying to avoid the jeep brand for this one, dealer kinda ruined me on the brand although @JeepCares may be solving that.

And something with better towing and a higher weight rating for the roof would be good. To be honest, I say stay with the outback, runs great and no payments although I get the desire for a new toy especially when a pretty new one is sitting next door.

So far I have enjoyed the Jeep, just some annoyances and with the weather having turned wintery have not had much chance to play with it. But I honestly do like it so far :)!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Give us a hint at what she needs and wants and we might be able to help. The Outback is a solid car and as it's only a 2011 with no payments, I'd be hard pressed to part with it if I was her -- I'd imagine. If she wants to stay with the AWD bit, the Countryman is a good choice. Other popular and well-reviewed CUVs include CX-3, Juke, and HR-V. Of course, staying Subaru there's the XV Crosstrek, too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give us a hint at what she needs and wants and we might be able to help. The Outback is a solid car and as it's only a 2011 with no payments, I'd be hard pressed to part with it if I was her -- I'd imagine. If she wants to stay with the AWD bit, the Countryman is a good choice. Other popular and well-reviewed CUVs include CX-3, Juke, and HR-V. Of course, staying Subaru there's the XV Crosstrek, too.

Hello,
She is looking for something that is awd and can get her on some of the back roads and trails for camping and hiking. I actually really like the countryman and was looking at one before getting the renegade, it has a low roof so I can easily toss paddle boards on it.
I think that she may be keeping the outback, and just spending the money on a new vehicle on new toys. A tent for the roof and some custom racks although murphys law will kick my arse if I say this is for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.