Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a little research I decided I wanted to upgrade my speakers. I thought for now I would just do my dash speakers quick and work my way back over the next couple months. Well... I bought some JL Audio 3.5 speakers and I went to take the covers off to switch them out and they aren't there? I know I have a sport so it's missing a lot but there are no speakers or wiring there.. Even if I wanted to hook them up I can't. So my question is, has anyone else bought a sport with no dash speakers? And how can I go about hooking them up? I've only done subwoofers/plug n play speakers so I'm not super experienced but I don't really want to pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You are going to have to remove the driver's door panel and the passenger door panel to find the correct color wire's running to the speakers that are in the door and locate them on the inside, in the kick panel area. I can only say that the wires I have are the same color for the 6x9's just on a different channel of the factory amp I have the 9 speaker system. This was my color code ignore the pin numbers

Left Front Speaker
Woofer Yellow - Yellow/black pin 10-11
Tweeter Yellow - Yellow/black pin 6-7

Right front speaker
Woofer purple/orange - purple/black pin 22-21
tweeter purple/orange - purple/black 9-8

I hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
The base sport comes with a 4 speaker system.

So no dash speakers if you didn't get the right options. You can't just vampire tap the door speakers because that changes impedence. Other than updating the door speakers, with teh 4 speaker system, you start getting more complicated quickly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The base sport comes with a 4 speaker system.

So no dash speakers if you didn't get the right options. You can't just vampire tap the door speakers because that changes impedence. Other than updating the door speakers, with teh 4 speaker system, you start getting more complicated quickly.
So basically I should just return the dash speakers and just go with some 6x9 speakers for the doors.. It seems like it's a big headache to try and put them in, because Im sure its not a huge difference anyways. Especially because I paid 90 dollars for them, which wasn't really worth it in the first place.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the 6 speaker system and replaced the dash speaker- big boast. A couple days later, I replaced the 6x9 in the doors- also a noticable upgrade. So the easy thing is to replace the cheap mopar door speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.