Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided take it upon myself to add a 4 inch lift on my 2021 TH. I went with the Pro Eibach springs and the 2" Rough Country kit . I also decided that I wanted to stay with the OE rims but wanted to get bigger tires. To achieve this I had to do the pinch seam mod and add 1.50" wheel spacers. Now it was time to make a decision with my tire size. I ended up going with 245 65r17 and it fits perfectly fine without any rubbing. In the future might go with 255 65r17 now that I know that I won't rub but I honestly feel that 255 70r17 might fit as well but very tightly.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks great! Any vibration issues? I had the 1.5" teraflex on my 19 TH and had vibrations and a clunk in the rear I couldn't figure out, so went back to stock.

Reactions: Minicon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great! Any vibration issues? I had the 1.5" teraflex on my 19 TH and had vibrations and a clunk in the rear I couldn't figure out, so went back to stock.
Thank you,, At first I had some clunks and but no vibration. I ended up going through and re tightened everything down. Things I noticed I did wrong the 1st time was. When you replace springs make sure to tighten Strut bolt all the way down. Another mistake I realized that was causing problems was that I had to put locktight on sway bar nuts and make sure they were set tightly so there was no play. After that I took it to a suspension shop to get inspected and aligned. The mechanic told me he was very surprised and happy with the work that I did without damaging cv axle. It may be possible that when you did you lift the cv axle wasn't sitting correctly and caused vibration?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thank you,, At first I had some clunks and but no vibration. I ended up going through and re tightened everything down. Things I noticed I did wrong the 1st time was. When you replace springs make sure to tighten Strut bolt all the way down. Another mistake I realized that was causing problems was that I had to put locktight on sway bar nuts and make sure they were set tightly so there was no play. After that I took it to a suspension shop to get inspected and aligned. The mechanic told me he was very surprised and happy with the work that I did without damaging cv axle. It may be possible that when you did you lift the cv axle wasn't sitting correctly and caused vibration?
It wasn’t a full on like rumble strip vibration, just just sounded more “buzzy” in the front and didn’t feel as smooth as stock under hard acceleration. I had checked the strut bolts and the sway bar link bolts a bunch of times (even drove with them disconnected to isolate the clunk) and never figured it out. Checked subframe bolts, carrier bearing bolts, exhaust bolts and for exhaust rubbing. Do you have any exhaust rubbing? Regardless, yours looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It wasn’t a full on like rumble strip vibration, just just sounded more “buzzy” in the front and didn’t feel as smooth as stock under hard acceleration. I had checked the strut bolts and the sway bar link bolts a bunch of times (even drove with them disconnected to isolate the clunk) and never figured it out. Checked subframe bolts, carrier bearing bolts, exhaust bolts and for exhaust rubbing. Do you have any exhaust rubbing? Regardless, yours looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sorry to hear, it sucks when we get excited about doing an upgrade and it seems to fail. You should look into seeing if sway bars are the problem, the rough country kit comes with exhaust spacers so I don't have rub. I've recently read on a Renegade FB page that the teraflex sway bars tend to be clunky. I'm actually looking into getting the Mevotech sway bars as I notice when I accelerate the 2 front wheels seem to have alot of drag. Eventually I want to put high clearance control arms, change strut and cv axle to make the suspension overall more durable but I noticed there's no aftermarket cv for the renny yet. I can't wait till they do make one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts