Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the UK and ordered my Renegade 2 litre Limited 9 speed auto in April 15.

It is now almost August and I still have no idea when the car will be delivered.

Jeep/Fiat customer services in the UK are very pleasant to speak to, but also completely useless. They seem unable to find out where my car is and therefore when I might expect it to be shipped from Italy to the UK. What tends to happen is that they leave me a voicemail asking me to call back. I ring back and the person dealing with my case is not available - no-one else seems willing or able to access the details of my case, but if they do it is simply to say that there is no news. "Has the car been built" I ask them. "Oh yes, it has definitely been built" they say. Really ? You do not inspire much confidence.

I then try emailing them - this did elicit a response... "In reference to case number xxx, concerning your order of a Jeep Renegade, we would like to advise that we are currently waiting for a complete update from our Vehicle Supply department in order to confirm any ETA for the arrival of the vehicle." This was received 3 months after ordering.

So I shall wait and see. Given the technical issues raised on this forum and the lack of any clarity from customer services, I am beginning to worry that I have made a bad decision.

Would be keen to hear from other UK purchasers on their experiences post-delivery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a 2.0 limited 4x4 manual 6th of May and was told by the dealer to expect it at the end of July at the latest. Rang the dealer mid-June to see how things were progressing - told I had a chassis number and that end of July was looking spot on. Having not heard anything further since we rang multiple times for an update to be eventually told that the car still hasn't been built and will not be leaving Italy until September at the earliest. Our experience with the dealer and Jeep is exactly the same as yours. The dealer is not interested and it is nigh on impossible to speak to anybody at Jeep who can actually help. As you say the person dealing with the case 'is unavailable today'.

This was to be our first Jeep but we will be cancelling our order. I appreciate there can be issues at the manufacturing source but the complete lack of interest by both dealer and manufacturer means we will be taking our business elsewhere.

Hope you have better luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.