Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passed 40,000 miles on my Renegade. No major issues and I love the vehicle. It is so much fun to drive, is unique, and well equipped. I have put on a hitch from Renegade Ready and purchased a cargo carrier as well. That made it possible to sell my truck and use the Jeep for all my needs.

Anyone else made it to 40k yet?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
. . . Anyone else made it to 40k yet?
Not even close. I'm not quite at 9,000 miles yet and I have had the vehicle for over 13 months.

Even if I didn't drive my other car or the motorbike, I wouldn't be close to 40K. You must drive a lot!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 53,000 on mine. Purchased March 2015. Love it. Only problem was tranny went at 32,000.
At least it was before 36K. I have had some lights come on on occasion, but nothing more than that. It seems there is a new flash every time I go in for an oil change, but that is nothing big to me.

I have owned mine right at a year now. Just had to resubscibe to satellite radio. Very happy with my vehicle!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The transmission went with no warning. The service transmission light came on and that was it. The transmission was locked in 9th gear and had no reverse. It was replaced under warranty. I also have the Lifetime warranty on the Renegade as I plan on racking up the miles. Only had it for 13 months now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just passed 40,000 miles on my Renegade. No major issues and I love the vehicle. It is so much fun to drive, is unique, and well equipped. I have put on a hitch from Renegade Ready and purchased a cargo carrier as well. That made it possible to sell my truck and use the Jeep for all my needs.

Anyone else made it to 40k yet?
I'll be there shortly. I drive 75 miles round trip everyday to go to work. I bought the Rene the beginning of April and already have about 3,500 miles on her. I should be moving closer to work within the next few months, so that should slow the approach. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 53,000 on mine. Purchased March 2015. Love it. Only problem was tranny went at 32,000.
And this is what scares me about an automatic transmission, especially one with 9 gears. I have 157k on my compass and only burnt through one clutch so far. I'm expecting to make it to 200k before the second one goes.

I wish the TH had a MT option!!! I'm going to be stuck with a Latitude or 75th Anniversary at this point with less horsepower and off road capability to get the MT.

-Joe

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys that have racked up some miles....did you have the service done at a dealership and subsequently have them turn off and then reset the "service due" message that goes off every 10,000 miles?
I have had all my service done at the dealership. When the oil change light goes off, I take it in. It has been around the 6500 mile mark each time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Gotcha, I did the same, but don't you have the "service vehicle" message to remind you of maintenance every 10,000 miles or 1 year? I'm almost at that point. Wondering because I'm trying to understand how others are handling that, whether it's something only the dealer can reset?, and also what fee one can expect for maintenence checks required.

·
Registered
116 Posts
At least it was before 36K. I have had some lights come on on occasion, but nothing more than that. It seems there is a new flash every time I go in for an oil change, but that is nothing big to me.

I have owned mine right at a year now. Just had to resubscibe to satellite radio. Very happy with my vehicle!
Are transmissions covered on the powertrain warranty? I think 2015 models are 5 years / 100,000

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.