And I wonder what percentage of those has either of the following issues:
- faulty transmission
- smoking steering column
- audio system failure
- faulty windshield seal
- missing undercarriage plugs
- ... what else am I forgetting?
I know right.
All i've been seeing ever since owners started taking delivery was how many issues they have, seems like it's not a good time to take delivery of one.

· Registered
610 Posts
I know right.
All i've been seeing ever since owners started taking delivery was how many issues they have, seems like it's not a good time to take delivery of one.
Early adopter woes. With a brand new from the ground up vehicle, from a brand new merger and manufacturing plant in a country with spotty manufacturing culture/work ethic... there are a lot of red flags.

FCA is desperate to be profitable since the merger. They may have a chance with sales volume, but (for their sake) if the focus on volume runs away from delivering quality... in they end they will only earn themselves the dubious reputation of a company that puts out a lot of disappointing cars.

Heed the hard and painful lessons of Toyota... who is still struggling to polish that tarnished crown.

· Registered
79 Posts
Most of the issues posted seem to be assembly related. Ours hasn't had any issues in the 1 month and over 2000 miles that we have had it.
I did find 2 things not correctly installed though. One was the washer fluid bottle, the plastic clamp on the neck wasn't snapped in completely and other was the lower panel of the console, next to gas pedal, wasn't snapped in correctly either. I noticed both before test driving.
The console was limiting the amount of room between the brake pedal and console to get your foot on the gas pedal. I can't see how this could be missed if they are inspecting these and driving them. It was obvious to me that something wasn't right. It does seem FCA needs better check offs during the assembly process and closer post assembly inspections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.