Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealership's service department said it should be ok to drive until Saturday 8 am when I bring it in for the first appointment they had available.

I haven't had any problems with the 4WD or transmission. Have only used 4WD in Sand mode so far, and only to climb my steep driveway on a sea bluff. It's about 1/4 mile of packed gravel, with a few sharp switchbacks, pretty steep in places but nothing my wife's Lexus i250 can't handle in Snow mode.

So... fun with being an early buyer of a first year vehicle :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dealership's service department said it should be ok to drive until Saturday 8 am when I bring it in for the first appointment they had available.

I haven't had any problems with the 4WD or transmission. Have only used 4WD in Sand mode so far, and only to climb my steep driveway on a sea bluff. It's about 1/4 mile of packed gravel, with a few sharp switchbacks, pretty steep in places but nothing my wife's Lexus i250 can't handle in Snow mode.

You should be fine. Mine popped on and it was just a software update.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

I know you've been waiting a long time for your Rene, so this must be frustrating. Please keep us posted on how everything goes Saturday!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny thing, I took it out for lunch and the light was off! Texted the salesman earlier and he was extremely responsive and supportive. And thank you JeepCares, it's nice to know you here looking out for folks as well. I'm not frustrated in the least, I expect a few bumps on the road but sure do appreciate the support.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Funny thing, I took it out for lunch and the light was off! Texted the salesman earlier and he was extremely responsive and supportive. And thank you JeepCares, it's nice to know you here looking out for folks as well. I'm not frustrated in the least, I expect a few bumps on the road but sure do appreciate the support.
I'm happy to be here to help out! That is strange, but I'm certainly glad that the light is no longer on. Keep us posted if it pops back up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.