Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Italian publication Quattroruote and Allpar it looks like the baby Jeep is going to steal plenty from big brother KL Cherokee.

Both are claiming that the baby Jeep based on the FIAT 500X is going to get not only the Cherokees Innovative disconnecting AWD system, but also the new ZF nine speed transmission and Jeeps lovely five position traction mode selector...

·
Registered
465 Posts
That would be great

If this basically ends up being a smaller Cherokee.

Because I'll be honest. I live in the city and parking spaces aren't getting any bigger. I don't need that much storage because it is mainly just me and the gf and some groceries

Even when we go camping we are minimalist and pack light. But I do need a good AWD system as some of the trails get kind of steep and slippery.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
With the way things are going under Fiat, it seems like it just could be a mini cherokee, but unlike the cherokee, a far better looking vehicle!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Its based on a Fiat 500 so I doubt itll be like a Cherokee
It'll be like a Fiat 500 but with a better 4x4 system and hopefully look better.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hopefully there's more to it, more Jeep DNA in it, we'll never know till it actually drops. Just going to have to wait

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its based on a Fiat 500 so I doubt itll be like a Cherokee
It'll be like a Fiat 500 but with a better 4x4 system and hopefully look better.
no its going to be a fiat 500 with a cherokee drive train... so yea more cherokee ;)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If they don't work their magic, this will be a flop, people will call it a fake jeep, which is something they cannot afford to have going on. It has to be good

·
Registered
465 Posts
I think I read somewhere that though its based on the 500L its been modified to be wider to pass US safety standards.

I'm not sure if they were referring to the 500L or the Renegade though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts