Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To whom it may concern,

If you served in the military and retired (20 years) with an honorable discharge, you qualify for a $500 rebate.

If you exited the military less than 12 months ago with an honorable discharge, regardless of time in service, you qualify for a $500 rebate.

If you medicly retired from the military more than 12 months ago, and have an honorable discharge, you do not qualify for a $500 rebate.

Apearatly those of you that served in the military and were injured in the line of duty do not deserve the same recognition as those that served in the military and were not injured in the line of duty.

What you can expect from the dealership after providing a DD-214 that shows you are medicly retired, after you have signed all the paperwork, after you have taken delivery of the vehicle, is a phone call from the dealership demanding renegotiation of the contract.

At least that is what Faricy Brothers at +1-877-482-6750 expect.

· Registered
199 Posts
When I purchased our Renegade, I showed them my ID and got an additional $500 off the price. Are you talking about that discount or a separate rebate? Dealer never asked about "type of service".

Dealer sounds like an a$$. Go to Jeep.

· Registered
161 Posts
If you medically retired from the military more than 12 months ago, and have an honorable discharge, you do not qualify for a $500 rebate
Sorry to hear you didn't qualify for the program--it would certainly be great if FCA/Jeep changed the rules for this discount program to extend the benefit for disabled vets beyond the 12 month post-discharge limitation.

Thank you for your service, from a fellow veteran.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Follow up

Initially the sales person recommended adjusting my monthly payments. The finance guy took me in the back room when the sales person was done... and reduced the price of the vehicle by $500. This also reduced the cost of the taxes by $40+ dollars. He asked if I wanted a credit for my floor mats towards the Mopar ones (yes, the nice ones). He added the Mopar mats and made all the numbers match. I left paying not a penny more, and got the nice Mopar mats to boot.

The finance guy then looked up and said, "thanks for your service to the country."

That man has made me a Jeep customer for life. I wish I could post his name. I REALLY don't want to get him in trouble, he did the right thing, and we all know no good deed goes unpunished.

To be clear, the problem wasn't that I didn't qualify for the program.

The major part of the problem was, "hey, we just read everything after we signed it and we want you to come down here and pay an extra $500."

The insult to injury was, "we have a rebate for veterans, we have a rebate for the disabled, but if you're a disabled veteran... no dice."

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I purchased our Renegade, I showed them my ID and got an additional $500 off the price. Are you talking about that discount or a separate rebate? Dealer never asked about "type of service".

Dealer sounds like an a$$. Go to Jeep.
That's the rebate I'm talking about. I showed my DD-214 (I had it because I was teaching on post).

Thanks for your service to the country.

· Registered
52 Posts
My dealer sent me an email with a $500.00 discount while I was standing in the showroom waiting for a trade in value on my trade in. Also threw me another 500.00 for being a previous customer. Good luck with your dealer and thanks for serving.

· Registered
199 Posts
I'm glad you got it worked out and THANK YOU for your service as well. I went in with an employee & military discount so there was little negotiation on price, but I felt they low-balled me on my trade. I balked & told them I needed a grand more for my trade in. We ended up meeting in the middle plus I got the premium floor mats. It was an overall pleasant experience I ended buying the Maxcare contract with my discount and am hoping to have a long, uneventful, but plesant relationship with FCA.

· Registered
454 Posts
Initially the sales person recommended adjusting my monthly payments. The finance guy took me in the back room when the sales person was done... and reduced the price of the vehicle by $500. This also reduced the cost of the taxes by $40+ dollars. He asked if I wanted a credit for my floor mats towards the Mopar ones (yes, the nice ones). He added the Mopar mats and made all the numbers match. I left paying not a penny more, and got the nice Mopar mats to boot.

The finance guy then looked up and said, "thanks for your service to the country."

That man has made me a Jeep customer for life. I wish I could post his name. I REALLY don't want to get him in trouble, he did the right thing, and we all know no good deed goes unpunished.

To be clear, the problem wasn't that I didn't qualify for the program.

The major part of the problem was, "hey, we just read everything after we signed it and we want you to come down here and pay an extra $500."

The insult to injury was, "we have a rebate for veterans, we have a rebate for the disabled, but if you're a disabled veteran... no dice."
Wow what a great person showing he respect as opposed to the **** salesman who I can almost guarantee never stood a watch. Great for you my friend.

I was bummed to find out that you had to have been discharged within 12 months personally for me. But it is what it is. I don't have much to stand on there but I do feel Jeep needs to change there requirements and include all medically retired veterans though. I left by choice at the end of my enlistment. You didn't have that choice.

But still so happy it turned out for you in the end! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.