Jeep Renegade Forum banner

How many times has your Renegade been in for unscheduled service?

• 0 times

Votes: 86 57.7%
  • 1 times

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • 2 times

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 3 times

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • 4 times

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 times

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 7 times

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 8 times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 times

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well 2200 miles and 2 issues the 30mph noise and driver door window is scoring a line top to bottom in the glass and its right in the middle of my view on the mirror. I am going in next week to have both concerns checked out.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Just got back from the dealer. Had the first service done at 6000 miles, oil, filter, tire rotation. No software updates were available. Running good.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I finally got over 5,000 miles on my Renegade now. It took me more than 8 months since I ride the motorbike back and forth to work in nicer weather and I have another car I use too.

No problems at all. This vehicle has been wonderful. Build date is January 2015.

·
Registered
92 Posts
5,500 miles and 0 visits to dealer. Have not even went for TSB downloads. Will probably go in for oil change in next 1000 miles or so and then I will have them do any downloads applicable to my vehicle. Build date of 01/2015 and purchased vehicle in April 2015. Great vehicle.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Still no issues, rolled 5k yesterday. It's got that 30mph~ rumble, and the horn is sounded somewhat weak, after a possible splash to much muddy trip. Or three. 🙂

·
Registered
247 Posts
5036 miles as of today. I crossed 5000 miles on the way home from my first oil change at the dealership. Zero problems so far. I've had it about six weeks so far. Awesome drive. I love my Trailhawk.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Passed the 5,000 mile marker today, 3 months & 1 day after I received my Renegade.

Setup 2.0l Diesel 4WD Longitude 6 speed manual with parking sensors & aftermarket Westfalia detachable towbar.

Averaging 46.3mpg - good
No major mechanical problems - good
Initially had brake squeal, but solved by bedding in my brakes - minor annoyance
5.0" DAB Satnav radio, randomly reboots - annoying
Uconnect Live services randomly unavailable - annoying
TomTom satnav, features are much less than my 5 year old TomTom Go, still stuck on 2014 maps, no updates available, no alternative voices, PoI's severely lacking - just not good enough Jeep!
TomTom live traffic & re-routing - good

Overall love the Jeep, great to drive, very economical compared to my last car (Fiat Multipla 1.9JTD), just the TomTom satnav could be better for a car costing £24k.

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

Wish I had specified some extras after we drove a Cherokee on holiday in the US, but next time......

·
Registered
123 Posts
Crossed 5000 miles yesterday. Brakes squeak when backing up with temps below 25 or so. Lane change turn signal is a little tricky to engage for left signal - that's it. I've had no more (or no less) problems with my 2015 Renegade TH than with my last new car (2010 VW Passat). Over all millage has been a little over 25 with peak highway millage of 32 on my drives from Colorado Springs to Denver. Can't complain - and the Broncos even won the Superbowl after I got the Orange Jeep.

·
Registered
98 Posts
6k mile pros and woes

Hit 6k not too long ago! I've received complements and strange comments alike, but I still love the vehicle. The pros have been smooth sailing and a solid 30mpg. Have not needed an oil change as of yet. The one woe I have is that I may potentially have a busted blow off valve on my turbo (1.4L). I'm not sure what's up with it, but under moderate to heavy acceleration the valve will release up to 3 times (you can hear a pop-pop-pop!) and make unusual noises. Acceleration is sometimes shaky (one time it felt like the engine was stalling) when merging onto the interstate. I plan on taking it in when the oil change is due.

·
Registered
196 Posts
5000 Miles No Issues!!!!

Hey guys long time no see just checking in busy and on vacation just let the forum know my jeep renegade reached 5000 miles with no issues for all the haters that say its junk lmao (though I did have the stupid key get stuck for a half hour in the ignition most likely my fault though as I'm quick to pull the key before I release the brake causing the safety feature to lock it) now I just turn car off and wait 2 seconds lol anyway hope all are enjoying there reny's I got 3 so far that live within a few blocks from me red orange and black (gotta admit commado green I rarely see and now that the colors gone its more rare) seen many on the road in queens this past year mostly boring colors though like white and black but tonight I actually saw the new 2016 navy blue color one in long island that replaced that royal blue from 2015 enjoy!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Almost 6000 miles and no issues caused by the jeep itself. Just some issues getting lift and tires to play nice together. My renegade has been awesome so far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just passed the 6000 mile marker, and so far I love it. The only issue I've had with it, was the Beats audio, and the update remedied that, for the most part.

On a different note, when I ordered mine, I also ordered an extra key fob, which didn't arrive for a couple of months after my Jeep arrived. When it finally came in, my dealer told me to bring both of my keys along, so they could program the new one. When they tried programming the new one(apparently, it's something they have to do over the internet), there was a hiccup(their words) in the procedure, and as a result, one of my keys, plus the new one, were rendered unusable:(. So, I now have only one key fob(instead of three), and in worse news, they have NO idea when to expect any replacements. :mad:

Karl

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I'm about 50 miles short of reaching 6000 miles. I'll probably hit in a couple of weeks or so.

I assume that Jeep will be replacing both key fobs free of charge? It wasn't something that you had done, so they should replace both.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just under 5k since March. Mine is booked into the dealers due to an oil leak. This is the 2.0 multijet Trailhawk. Not sure if it's engine or running gear. Otherwise what a fabulous experience it has been.

·
Registered
269 Posts
As an update ... it wasn't an oil leak. I found an oily liquid, with an oily smell dripping from the sump ... I could see/touch this through the holes in the undertray. Apparently it was the usually frozen exit for the air con that had melted in the unusually warm weather we had been having. The dealer reckons the water could have mixed with various lubricants/fluids on the block (!) and be mistaken for oil. Not fully convinced as I've seen water dripping from the aircon before ... this was not that. Keeping my eyes peeled.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know I'm a little late for the 5k check-in but:

At under 300 miles, my service engine light came on. Wouldn't shift out past 3rd gear. Pulled over and restarted vehicle and that fixed it.
At around 3,000 miles, same thing. Took to dealership and they scanned the codes, some blank codes, they don't know what's up.
At 6,000 miles, same thing. Took to dealership again and they downloaded the codes and some extra info to open a "star" case. Apparently now a new TCM has been sent and I have to get it installed. Yay, I love all the technology that makes cars run these days.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts