Jeep Renegade Forum banner

How many times has your Renegade been in for unscheduled service?

• 0 times

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • 1 times

Votes: 44 28.6%
  • 2 times

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • 3 times

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • 4 times

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • 5 times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 times

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 7 times

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 8 times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 times

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Done 5700 miles now....only real issue was faulty abs control module which left me temporarily stranded in a car park...took 3 visits to the dealer to fix...1. diagnose (luckily there was an error code) 2. replace ABS module....but after removing the old one the new replacement was found to be the wrong part. 3. replace ABS module with the correct part. Other than that no big issues.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know I'm a little late for the 5k check-in but:

At under 300 miles, my service engine light came on. Wouldn't shift out past 3rd gear. Pulled over and restarted vehicle and that fixed it.
At around 3,000 miles, same thing. Took to dealership and they scanned the ****s, some blank ****s, they don't know what's up.
At 6,000 miles, same thing. Took to dealership again and they downloaded the ****s and some extra info to open a "star" case. Apparently now a new TCM has been sent and I have to get it installed. Yay, I love all the technology that makes cars run these days.
9275 miles and the Service Engine is on again. I don't have many complaints about my jeep, but this is 4 times and only 275 miles since they just replaced the TCM.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know I'm a little late for the 5k check-in but:

At under 300 miles, my service engine light came on. Wouldn't shift out past 3rd gear. Pulled over and restarted vehicle and that fixed it.
At around 3,000 miles, same thing. Took to dealership and they scanned the ****s, some blank ****s, they don't know what's up.
At 6,000 miles, same thing. Took to dealership again and they downloaded the ****s and some extra info to open a "star" case. Apparently now a new TCM has been sent and I have to get it installed. Yay, I love all the technology that makes cars run these days.
Is **** a bad word? guess so. Why is "c-o-d-e" a bad word?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
C0de isn't a bad word. Spammers were posting a link quantam c0de review, so the admin banned it. Now when the spammers post quantam c0de review all that happens is ******* ****. A pain in the @rse I know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
5000 miles and have had one oil change. Also had to have new windshield wipers installed because the upper part of the passenger window doesn't get cleaned by the wiper. Dealer said it was salt and cold (coldest it had been was about 30 when driving). Also had to pay for a new windshield because a rock hit which resulted in a small crack. Within 10 hours it was over 8" long. Very disappointed. Computer updates take forever at my dealership.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just passed 10K km (6K miles). Did my first oil change, which went just fine. Other than that, no problems to speak of.

Oops--guess I should mention, the black plastic infill of the "Renegade" emblems on both front doors has mostly fallen off, so the letters are all silver now, rather than black with silver outlines.

·
Registered
676 Posts
1.4Turbo 4x4 6 speed... 6900 miles no other issues. Was leaking booster oil supply at 1200 miles... got fixed and never had problems since then :) it's a little inexperience young stud :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zero problems with mine, 5,500 miles and just waiting for the oil change to trigger. Mostly highway so it might still be a while.

·
Registered
116 Posts
On my 2nd Renegade, 1st was a latitude w/ the 1.4, new one is a 2017 Trailhawk. Both problem free @ 5000+ miles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hurray! You made it to 5000 miles. Let us know how your Renegade is doing and if you needed any unscheduled maintenance or repairs. Help out your fellow forum members, and fill out the poll. Make a post, and summarize your tale of joy or woe as well.
Not quite to 5,000 miles, but I hit 4,049 and my vehicle is in the shop. Tons of warning lights have come on and it won't stay in gear and tells me to go into park to shift into gear.

So I have the 2017 DesertHawk, Fully loaded at $34,795, will post updates on what the find and what I've liked and hated so far in other threads.

·
Registered
102 Posts
4985 mi one trip made to dealer and one planned

This is my first online forum website and have not figured out all the definitions and culture yet. Posted these items in other places on this website so pls excuse if you see them elsewhere. Two unscheduled trips, one completed and one planned.

Completed: dealer did not offer to install front license plate frame although it and I are in the same 2-plate state (MO). Then tech did not drill pilot holes and mount frame then license plate, but merely used one pair of metal self-tapping screws to mount frame and plate simultaneously to whatever member is behind the plastic air dam. I assume the screws will be rusted to something before I have to change plates. Do not know how to prevent that.

Planned: somewhere between 3000 and 5000 miles one or both of the headlights changed aiming direction based on observing nighttime light pattern on my garage door before and after vacation. I did drive up the East Fork Rd of the San Juan R. from US 160 east of Pagosa Spgs CO & back, a very shaky 8 mi ride (only 5 to 10 mph & many scenic stops over gravel embedded in hard dirt and not recently graded). Trip recommended but see last screen of: http://issuu.com/visitpagosasprings/docs/pagosa_springs_travel_guide?e=18759431/30559857 or printed Scenic Drives. Will see dealer about headlights.

2018 FWD Auto Rene Lat + some pkg stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm at about 5,600 miles now. I've had to replace one of the air conditioning lines around 1,200 miles due to a leak. I have had no other issues since then. I do wish the seat was a little more comfortable. They have a tendency to make you hunch down and forward a little. I've reversed the headrests, and that has helped a bit. Other than those two issues, I've really enjoyed the vehicle so far. I'll be getting an oil change in the next week or so.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts