1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just at 5000 miles, owned the Trailhawk since April. Mods
1. Bumper Hitch and sports bars added.
2. Replaced door and dash speakers.
3. Bought hitch basket and luggage rack.

Service or other issues:
None

What I like about it after 5g miles:
1. The ride is great, very responsive. Good ride in town or on the highway (or off road...). I have had no issue with rough shifting, unless I really punch the gas pedal.
2. Seats are very comfortable and I like sitting up higher.
3. With speaker replacement, the sound system is pretty good- still need to add a subwoofer.
4. Sharp looking vehicle
5. Not one unpleasant visit to the dealer to complain!

What I am not so happy about...
1. Gas mileage. The TH averages about 22, and the best I have done is 25 on a mostly highway trip.
2. Obviously, not much power in a 2.4 liter with this much weight. I knew this when I bought, so...
3. Blue tooth issues- have to shut the device off and recapture about 1/4 of the time I connect a BT item- cuts in and out and will only be fixed by removing and readding it.

Overall, very satisfied. FYI, just posting this since I think the "complaints" are more frequent than the "satisfied" posts!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been looking at TrailHawks for about 4 months now and have been test driving them this month in hopes of purchasing one.

I'm looking at the fully loaded package basically, with the Beats speakers.

You mentioned having to replace your stock speakers to get a quality of sound you actually enjoyed, and most of the models I'm finding around me don't have the Beats with the other features I like.

Do you think it's worth getting the Beats, or to just put in 4 of my own choosing, such as yourself?

·
Registered
715 Posts
You'd want to get the upgraded sound system. More speakers, amp, sub. Then to replace those speakers isn't too bad, and opens the sound up a lot more. Start with the dash, then sub if you want more lows. I personally haven't done the doors yet, but my 15 sounds great with just the 3 I did

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've been looking at TrailHawks for about 4 months now and have been test driving them this month in hopes of purchasing one.

You mentioned having to replace your stock speakers to get a quality of sound you actually enjoyed, and most of the models I'm finding around me don't have the Beats with the other features I like.

Do you think it's worth getting the Beats, or to just put in 4 of my own choosing, such as yourself?
I've found from past vehicle purchases it pays to get the factory sound upgrades they are expensive but if you plan on keeping the car they pay for themselves in listening ease and enjoyment.
Mine has the Beats upgrade. Didn't like spending the money but I did

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just at 5000 miles, owned the Trailhawk since April. Mods
1. Bumper Hitch and sports bars added.
2. Replaced door and dash speakers.
3. Bought hitch basket and luggage rack.

Service or other issues:
None

What I like about it after 5g miles:
1. The ride is great, very responsive. Good ride in town or on the highway (or off road...). I have had no issue with rough shifting, unless I really punch the gas pedal.
2. Seats are very comfortable and I like sitting up higher.
3. With speaker replacement, the sound system is pretty good- still need to add a subwoofer.
4. Sharp looking vehicle
5. Not one unpleasant visit to the dealer to complain!

What I am not so happy about...
1. Gas mileage. The TH averages about 22, and the best I have done is 25 on a mostly highway trip.
2. Obviously, not much power in a 2.4 liter with this much weight. I knew this when I bought, so...
3. Blue tooth issues- have to shut the device off and recapture about 1/4 of the time I connect a BT item- cuts in and out and will only be fixed by removing and readding it.

Overall, very satisfied. FYI, just posting this since I think the "complaints" are more frequent than the "satisfied" posts!
Eli, what is your build date? and your vin the C,D OR E designation?
..... Just Curious

·
Registered
560 Posts

yes the beats are well worth the money. I picked mine up today in carson city Nevada and the beats upgraded sound has already made a favorable impression on me. took me a month of searching to find the options I wanted at my price and found it700 miles away. I live in Oregon
Its always better to let the factory install the upgrade while thery are building the car you get a much better installed systemand usually at a cheaper price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.