Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I thought it was only a wifi hub not actually supplying internet but allowed you to connect devices together to share internet with a device that had wireless internet like tethering. Please tell me I am wrong.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, my understanding is that the car does not have wifi, but allows wifi-capable device to connect to it. So one way wifi. Mine work fine for connecting my ipod or phone to the vehicle.
Chevy advertised a vehicle that actually provide wifi internet service in the vehicle...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I was able to get mine working. I chose the option to register by web and completed the steps.

Got a confirmation from Uconnect and also have a free 1 week trial for 3G WiFi Hotspot.

Attached is the email confirmation I recieved.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
The one year free is for U-Connect, which is basically a cell number for your jeep. It is equivalent to On Star. You should also have gotten a free one year for the satellite radio. They are two separate things. The WiFi hot spot is a service through U-connect...I got a free week, I think. From looking at Phouki's confirmation above it looks like the same...wifi ends on June 20, 2016 the Uconnect goes a year.. The hot spot service was costly if I remember like 10 bucks a day if you buy a day at a time, rather than weekly or monthly (very expensive). The hot spot is just 3G and allows up to 5 connections... I think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
uconnect wifi

hi my name is gail and i am a sales person for a Jeep dealership, the wifi is a hot spot that you have to purchase you can buy it by the day the week or the month, all the the trail time allows is access to the uconnect store to be able to buy it. when your year is up you will have to renew your subscription with u connect to have access to purchase it but the wifi itself is not included you have to pay for it. the first time it's best to use the assist button and have them walk you threw it because you have to set up a credit card once you do that all you have to do it hit the wifi icon on your screen and the options for how long and the price will come up and then all you have to do it pick one. If you have any more questions call your sales person or your local dealer and they have some on that will be able to futher help you, another resource is the uconnect app and the mopar connect app both are free down loads the google play store the apple app store on your phones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.