Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to do a factory reset on 6.5an system? My Renegade is having issues, I have called Uconnect and used Assist feature 4 times with no help. I asked if they could walk me thru a Factory Reset and the rep would not do it.... I have no Yelp or Uconnect Store access via my system. I also own a 14Jeep Cherokee with 8.4a system and have done a reset on that before with no issues. Instruction on how to do that can be found everywhere
Need help!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you select the Apps feature, all mine shows is 1. Assist 2. Settings 3. Wi-Fi 4. sxm Travel Link. I should also see Yelp, Uconnect Store but don't. I thought you could also use mobile app feature and link your aha, iheart radio, Pandora and slacker accounts to your system and then you would see those icons appear in your 6.5 uconnect vehicle sys. I don't see those features and uconnect rep told me those mobile apps will not work in 6.5 system in Jeep Renegade. Whats weird is if you look in digital and hardcopy 6.5a/6.5an user guide it shows you can link the mobile apps like Pandora, aha, etc????

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update... Contacted Jeep folks again, they decided to try something-- delete my Uconnect Account and register again from scratch. It fixed 90% of the problem, my system is good to go minus YELP feature. YELP is part of the Uconnect Access Package which I get free for 12months and is available on 6.5 system. When I access softkey "Uconnect Store" it connects and when I click on active apps, it shows me as "Pending". Not sure if system still needs more time to update or what but remote start, lock, etc works via phone app. I will update you all soon. Never did figure out how to access "Engineering Menu" via pressing hard-keys to reset system....tech, reps, etc did not know how

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went thru factory reset of my 6.5 system to try and fix my last issue (no Yelp feature)----Did not work, reps are back scratching their heads.
Factory reset procedures are: Hold down RADIO, MORE and TUNE/ENTER hard-key buttons all at same time for 5-10seconds. Completely cycle vehicle power several times. Open door, close restart. Shut-down, make sure everything is off (wait about 30seconds), repeat. System should completely reset back to factory specs!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
1SG Bowden,

I recommend bringing your vehicle to an FCA dealership to have them take a look at your Uconnect system. If you would like me to assist in scheduling an appointment, please feel free to reach out! Either way, be sure to keep us posted on this!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Sir
I may have no choice, Uconnect rep called me again today and said they sent the YELP packet to my vehicle and walked me thru soft and hard factory resets which none worked and still no Yelp function. I also paid for a monthly subscription just to see what the system would do. Did that, Uconnect app still states "pending", even though I am on 1 yr trial and also just paid for (1) month. Just testing out some stuff and I also removed my vehicle from Uconnect account twice last night and that did not change anything. This has everyone stumped, hard to believe if I take it in to dealership that the mechanics will know how to fix it. I am sure they will call tech support which is what the folks have been doing on the phone with me (have had like 5 reps work with me on this issue) and have spent like 5 hrs on the phone with them in past week. May just have to replace whole system in vehicle with new one. No one knows what the heck is going on with my radio 6.5an system????

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Strike Z-- so you have a new Renegade with 6.5 system and have mobile apps embedded in your radio?? but no Yelp feature?? The reps and techs keep saying to me that the Renegade is not capable of running the mobile apps like Pandora, Aha, Iheart or Stitcher but might in the future.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Latest update-- finally took Renegade to local dealership to have service department take a look at my 6.5 system. They ended up calling me later that day and wanted me to come in and chat. Basically no one knows what to do and they wanted to ask me what I knew and what Uconnect folks did during my 5+hrs of on the phone troubleshooting. They submitted a STAR ticket, those folks then turned around and told my dealership mechanics to contact Uconnect Access team for help. Uconnect team told them to contact STAR folks. THIS IS GETTING CRAZY... I go into dealership and we discuss what I have done with Uconnect reps and we press ASSIST button for help again with both myself and mechanic in my vehicle. Ended up connecting with one of the reps I had worked with before. She told mechanic to call STAR folks and ask to be connected to a specific person. Later that person wants to do a Factory reset, which mechanics does and then I ask "is this going to be any different from the 4 other resets I have already done. Guy states, "Oh, you have already done this?", I said "yes, 4 times". He submits message to Uconnect system manufacturer tech reps for help. So, back to square one and now my system is worse than it was before I took it into dealership. Missing more features and still no YELP feature. This is getting out of control!!! Why don't someone just order me a new 6.5an radio system and see what that does????

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing an aftermarket touch screen audio system (preferably Android auto like) in place of the Uconnect 6.5 one in there. but that leads to a bunch of questions..
1-Would an aftermarket unit be controllable from the steering wheel controls?
2-I assume the two usb ports (one under the current unit and the other inside the armrest) their cables are plugable to the current unit in the rear, but is it 1 cable or two. and last but not least..
3-What products out on the market that would increase the screen size and still fit in that space.

As for the topic at hand, I wonder if there are others out there with the same or similar problem.

TS

·
Registered
610 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing an aftermarket touch screen audio system (preferably Android auto like) in place of the Uconnect 6.5 one in there. but that leads to a bunch of questions..
1-Would an aftermarket unit be controllable from the steering wheel controls?
2-I assume the two usb ports (one under the current unit and the other inside the armrest) their cables are plugable to the current unit in the rear, but is it 1 cable or two. and last but not least..
3-What products out on the market that would increase the screen size and still fit in that space.

As for the topic at hand, I wonder if there are others out there with the same or similar problem.

TS

Pioneer has decks that are both Apple Carplay and Android compatible. Steering wheel controls can be adapted with aftermarket adapters. Though from past experience, they don't work very well. Current available crop of products may be better.

http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/steering_wheel_control_harness.html

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.