Votes: 2 33.3%
  • NO Yelp Installed

Votes: 3 50.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone having problems with APPS with their 6.5an/RA4 infotainment system in their Renegade?

Yes
No

Do you have YELP App installed on your radio?

Yes
No

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:
I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealer for the missing YELP App on my radio, as the U-connect Tech stated there
is a communication error in my 6.5an/RA4 radio. I was told to take it to the dealer.
Please even if you do not use the App Yelp check to see if it is available on your radio.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I installed it within it a day or two of getting the car, and then it disappeared and I can't reinstall. At some point it looked like the head unit crashed.

Question - do you guys often get the Terms and Conditions screen when you turn on the radio? Where you have to push accept?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I installed it within it a day or two of getting the car, and then it disappeared and I can't reinstall. At some point it looked like the head unit crashed.

Question - do you guys often get the Terms and Conditions screen when you turn on the radio? Where you have to push accept?
I have 5.0, but yes--that message pops up every time I start the ignition.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yes, that screen pops up once in awhile, not all the time, but disappears in a few seconds without doing anything. I do not have to push accept.

·
Registered
216 Posts
aardvark- have you called Uconnect Access tech folks and filed a complaint so they can open ticket??? Please contact them and let them know what is going on. I have never had Yelp yet and want the app, its pretty useful.
Thanks and keep me posted!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: After spending 3 days with the U-Connect people and doing Hard Factory resets. It has been determined the radio has a missing /corrupt "jar file"
and to take it to the dealer, where they will open a "STAR" case to try to fix this problem, which might be re-flashing the software. I'm waiting to take the Jeep in to get my key fobs replaced when they come in.
I will keep everyone updated.

Please if you do not have YELP call the U-Connect Support.

·
Registered
216 Posts
3 weeks have gone by and I still have no Yelp feature and my 6.5 uconnect account still states "Pending" and missing Wi-Fi app as well. Dealership has no idea and STAR tech folks have not found out anything and was supposed to contact maker of radio sytem for help. Uconnect folks keep trying to send me JAR file, patches, etc via 3g cell chip in radio but nothing loads and changes anything. No one knows what is going on and instead of replacing my radio or sending me "Uncorrupted software file" to reload I sit and wait and wait and wait. I guess 6 months will probably pass until someone figures this out and others are also having this same problem. We need everyone that is also having these issues to contact Uconnect and let them know and open a trouble ticket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.