Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys! I'm on day 2 of owning my white renegade Lattitude with 4wd and a six speed 1.4. I really love it. However, I have multiple problems after just one day of ownership. Last night (at 95 miles) service engine soon came on. This morning prior to work I got code read, some sort of brake sensor issue. Drive to work and while driving my service hill start assist soon came on. Called the dealership and was able to make an appointment for Tuesday morning. After leaving work tonight, my electronic parking brake was stuck on. It told me I had to step on brake to disengage parking brake, and I was, so there's that faulty brake sensor the service engine light was on for. Found I was able to hold down parking brake for it to disengage. Drove home and now at 130 miles my service 4wd came on. Turned off and on and the light went away, but 4wd does not work. I can't go into any of the 4wd modes. Will update after appointment Tuesday. Anybody had any similar problems? It's a bummer I have all these after barely a full day of leaving the dealership. Really do love the Renegade though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow sorry to hear you are going through all those indications and problems. The reason I got the Renegade was because they were popping up on my '09 Fusion...hopefully you can get it sorted ASAP. I have 150 miles and 4 days on my 1.4l turbo 6 speed, and have not had a problem yet (fingers crossed) but if anything pops up I will advise. Good luck with your Rene.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had similar issues the day I bought the Jeep as well. I bet the 4 wheel drive issues will correct themselves quickly, as mine did the same and after turning off and back on several times, it started working again. I had the codes read and it brake codes popped up as well. They determined that I had a loose negative battery cable. They also did an software update. I have not had any other issues or lights since then and I have almost 3k miles now. That was at 100 miles. The way I see it, I want the issues to happen earlier rather than later so that it is all under warranty. This is a fun vehicle to drive!

·
Registered
318 Posts
When those error Codes show up don`t Panic ... shut down the whole thing ... wait 2 Minutes (not earlier) then start the car (but not the engine) and wait until all system is set, especially the uConnect Radio is fully operational ... don´t touch anything before ... then take a deep breath and start the engine

In the first hundred miles or so ... the BC is pretty mucvh occupied with learning so just give him some time to startup propper before firing up the engine ... your dealer should have the updates done already before giving the car to you ... if not give him a headbut so he can think about it ...

·
Registered
194 Posts
So this should be expected?

When those error Codes show up don`t Panic ... shut down the whole thing ... wait 2 Minutes (not earlier) then start the car (but not the engine) and wait until all system is set, especially the uConnect Radio is fully operational ... don´t touch anything before ... then take a deep breath and start the engine

In the first hundred miles or so ... the BC is pretty mucvh occupied with learning so just give him some time to startup propper before firing up the engine ... your dealer should have the updates done already before giving the car to you ... if not give him a headbut so he can think about it ...

Too much BS for a new car. I suppose it fits the target demographic that is used to flaky smart-phone technology.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had similar issues the day I bought the Jeep as well. I bet the 4 wheel drive issues will correct themselves quickly, as mine did the same and after turning off and back on several times, it started working again. I had the codes read and it brake codes popped up as well. They determined that I had a loose negative battery cable. They also did an software update. I have not had any other issues or lights since then and I have almost 3k miles now. That was at 100 miles. The way I see it, I want the issues to happen earlier rather than later so that it is all under warranty. This is a fun vehicle to drive!
This makes me feel a little better. I'm sure it's just a couple small kinks to work out. Even with these issues I can't help but smile while driving, it's a fun little car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have the same problems on my Renegade Sport 4x4 6-speed manual. I did not have any 4 wheel drive issues though. This happened about an hour after I drove it off the lot. The dealer has the car and it will be 2 weeks tomorrow that they have it. They called a week into it and said it was ready, but I got 2 minutes down the road and it happened again. I called for a status two days ago and they said they were waiting for a part. Very frustrating. I sent them the link for this post but don't know if they read it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, I have the same problems on my Renegade Sport 4x4 6-speed manual. I did not have any 4 wheel drive issues though. This happened about an hour after I drove it off the lot. The dealer has the car and it will be 2 weeks tomorrow that they have it. They called a week into it and said it was ready, but I got 2 minutes down the road and it happened again. I called for a status two days ago and they said they were waiting for a part. Very frustrating. I sent them the link for this post but don't know if they read it.
Sorry to hear that man! Also apologize for forgetting to update this. I drove the car for less than a week with the engine light on until they had the part. Went in to have a brake sensor switch put in, was out 2 hours later and that seemed to do it! Now I am at 2100 happy miles with *knock on wood* no problems since! Hopefully more of the same for you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealer called me today and said they can't fix it and Chrysler was there today and will buy it back. They said they changed the ABS module (or something like that) and it is worse than before and the brake won't come off at all now. Friday will be four weeks that I owned the car and tomorrow will be three weeks that the dealer has had the car. I'm just sad at this point. I really liked the car. Has anyone been through the buy back process? I still want another Renegade even after being through all of this. They told me that Chrysler will call me in five to eight business days to discuss the details. Do I need to bargain with them? My car is also one that has one of the messed up VIN numbers. This caused issues with the insurance and registration. Coincidence? Still not "hard plated" yet, but now a non-issue. Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice.

Jim

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good luck with the buyback process Jim, I hope it works out for you. I've had my 4x4 6-spd Latitude for 2 months with 3700 miles and zero problems, so hopefully you just got a bad egg. Maybe you can use this opportunity to get a better deal on a new one from FCA.
-Tony

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm at 4500 miles and had two service engine warnings, which cleared during the last three days, and a 4WD service required warning come up , then clear after a restart. I've had no other issues until now, except for a rough idle intermittently. I plan to speak to the service department next week.
Trailhawk model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
constant problems

i have a 2016 renegade. it has about 20k miles. i purchased new in march 2016. since purchase it has been at a dealer 5 times for the instrument cluster. one repair was splicing a wire and rerouting the harness that was ran incorrectly from factory. i am still have issues even though i have all the updates and also a new instrument cluster. went through the process and of arbitration then communication stalled. also does anyone else have an issue with the range for the DTE constantly fluctuating by 10-50 miles to empty. chrysler engineers and techs said it was in normal parameters. but i highly doubt that. called and requested a ride along with an engineer and no return call it has been months. i have never had this may issues even with a used car.

·
Registered
681 Posts
x2 on 1.4T 6 speed and I like the turbo spooling. No issues so far!!!

Lately I changed the air filter to K&N and now when I play with the stick and find the "G" spot at 3000 rpm. oh boy, I like it when she rumbles. We sneak out and play off trail away from crowd on weekends.. roll on mud once in a while and she likes it rough on dirt.. we had fun memories... I always give her a nice bath thereafter... $1.75 for 3 minutes in the booth. with a wax, nice and neat!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.