Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming off a manual TDI Jetta which red lines at 5000rpm. I'm having some difficult adjusting. I feel like if i shift at 3,500 from 1st I don't have enough power going into 2nd, and if i shift past 4000 it feels like its too much (considering what i'm used to.) How are you guys driving the 6sp?

·
Registered
394 Posts
1st to second at about 3,500 to 4,500 depending on traffic. The 1-2 shift takes a little getting used to but after a while it will be smooth for you. You will have to adjust to the lower power and turbo lag. Don't be afraid to really give it some gas when you get into second. The throttle mapping is kind of weird so it can feel like you have to give it more of a kick to get this thing moving. Don't worry, it won't hurt your mpg.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I also came to the Renegade from a 5 spd Jetta- takes a little time to adjust. Totally agree with GSO - I also typically shift out of first from 3500-4500. Second, and especially third, have great acceleration in my Latitude. I find the 6spd a real pleasure to drive!

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think I shift mine around 3500, I just do it when it feels right, and this Jeep is slow so I just shift and floor it and then the Jeep just scoots along at a normal pace even though I'm flooring it... and then as RPM's build I let off the pedal smoothly to avoid revving it too high... LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.