Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that have changed out your front door 6x9's, did you go with a 2-way or 3-way speaker? I'm just wondering if a 3-way is really necessary.

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I went with three way because I could find a decent speaker at a really good price and it was 3 way.

2 way would be fine. What you realy want is a 2 way where the tweeter can dip in to the mids a bit without bad artifacts and breaking up. But coaxial car stereo speakers aren't going to tell you what that is, so best bet is to look for a tweeter that's not real small and a speaker with a high end that doesn't go way past the limits of human hearing.

My $0.02

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought these:

A 3 way tweeter with adjustable treble built on to suit your needs. I let them warm up (I put mine on a battery charger and let them play for several hours) and now they truly shine....If you are into songs that test the high end.. I recommend kygo, M83 or that cheerleader song where you can hear a lot sax with bass..

my $.02 ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I bought these:

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Refe...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

A 3 way tweeter with adjustable treble built on to suit your needs. I let them warm up (I put mine on a battery charger and let them play for several hours) and now they truly shine....If you are into songs that test the high end.. I recommend kygo, M83 or that cheerleader song where you can hear a lot sax with bass..

my $.02 ;)
94db should be much more effecient....
and I like Kygo.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
i searched and searched for good replacements for my 6 speaker setup. I finally give up on 6x9 just due to most of the really good ones are too thick and the window will hit the magnet when rolled down. So I figured if I need to build a spacer plate to brin the 6 x9 out some, I might as well build an adapter plate and invest in some nice 6.5" componets.
I picked up 2 sets of Cadence 6.5" componets (Xenith XS65K series)onsale for $80 cdn/pr
100w rms per speaker.
plan on putting the 6.5" driver in the doors, then up front, the seperate tweeter will go in the dash location. that should make for an awesome front stage. Now as for tweeter location in the rear, not sure yet, most likely there will be a couple new holes cut in the renegade interior with a holesaw. either top of door or in the C-pillar if I can stay away from the airbags.

now if I could get some warm weather so I can get this done.... it's killing me to have the 2 sets of new speakers sitting here in front of me.
Car subwoofer Loudspeaker Audio equipment Subwoofer Product

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.