Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Buying an affordable car doesn't mean you have to give up fun Everyone could use a little more fun in their lives, so why not start with your car? There are plenty of excellent choices out there, but what if you've only got $10,000 to spend? Whether you're looking for something to spice up your daily commute or add something special to your fleet for Sunday drives, here are nine cars to consider that add a dose of fun to your daily drive.
Read more about the 9 of the Most Fun Cars to Drive for Under $10K

· Registered
191 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing a WRX for under 10k. I recently owned a Porsche 944, agree they are a fun car to
drive but they are not cheap to maintain. Any Corvette you find for less than 10k will probably need lots
of work. I owned a Mazda Protégé 5 several years and it's one of the best handing and fun cars I have owned.

Clifton

· Registered
358 Posts
Dunno if I'd find any of those under $10K, at least not in good nick.

However, there are fun cars to be had for cheap--the Spitfire in my avatar pic was only $2K (but will probably cost me at leat $10K by the time I'm done with it).

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
You can definitely find minis, 944s, and miatas in.. well not top notch shape, but interesting, running shape for under $10k. The rest, you can find them but they are going to need TLC and a nice hunk of additional cash. The wrangler and GTI are ont he bubble. You can go old enough that you might be able to DIY to something interesting for $10k total. The rest? You can probably get something that has a legit, non-salvage title, beyond that you gotta hunt for a deal and still probably put several K into it. Like the G35... you can find something that looks good other than maybe oxidized paint and a well used interior, but it's probably been driven REALLY, REEAAAALLLY hard and is going ot need some serious cash infused into the driveline. They likely aren't going to be fun to drive until somewhere beyond that $10k limit.

· Registered
106 Posts
You can find 2013 Fiat Abarths for about 10k or just under. That's all I need on my list.

· Registered
535 Posts
183k miles. On that engine, how's the head gasket, how many miles has that 16g been on there, is the housing cracked, how much oil is it burning, does it pass inspection, etc.
Obviously you would need to look at it. However on our local Craigslist there were at least 10 of them under 10k I just picked one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.