Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the Renegade and also to this forum. Mine's a 2016 2 litre diesel automatic ex-demo with 2500 miles on the clock. The transmission changes smoothly and cleanly so no issues with that. But changing into 4th on automatic (and some other gears to a lesser extent), the box emits a kind of scraping sound which disappears when the gear slots into place. I've had the car for just over a week so it'll be going back to the Jeep dealers to query the noise. So I thought I'd check this with the learned folks on here before being told "oh they all do that sir". Maybe they do? I don't know.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Dave.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 9-speed automatic Trailhawk. I was having some issues when shifting between 4th and 5th gear. It was making a clicking/crunching/thud sound when shifting. After taking it in a couple times the dealership eventually changed out the valve body on the transmission. I haven't had an issue or a sound since. Jeep had a lot of issues with the same transmission and paring it with the 3.5 Liter on the Cherokee. Haven't had as many problems with the 2.4 Liter on the Renegade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for your reply. The sound produced seems to be different but the symptoms are the same. One thing I omitted to mention on the original post was that the loud scraping-type sound seems to be coming from the left hand side of the car and seemingly from the area just behind the front seat. Does that make sense?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Many thanks for your reply. The sound produced seems to be different but the symptoms are the same. One thing I omitted to mention on the original post was that the loud scraping-type sound seems to be coming from the left hand side of the car and seemingly from the area just behind the front seat. Does that make sense?
Thanks again.

I have had my UK 2.0 diesel 9 speed Trailhawk for over a year and have never heard anything like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps. That's what I needed to know before heading back to the dealers to be told that everything's fine.
Take care,
Dave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts