Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what everyone else's transmission temp sits at when they are driving?

I feel that even on a short drive my temp seems to climb pretty high.. Not sure if it works have any effect or not, but would the front skid on the Trailhawk, effect the cooling, kinda trapping the ambient air around the motor/trans?

·
Registered
190 Posts
My 4x2 Renegade showed a high of 171* today while driving on a busy street with lots of stops waiting for traffic. I'm central FL so no hills. Outside temp showed 95*. I think most automatic transmissions are safe up to around 230*.

Clifton

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, mine generally stays around 165-171 but when air temp is 85-90 in stop and go traffic it climbs, I've seen it go up to 186. I would like to be able to tow a small trailer about 1200 lbs but am afraid of what those temps would get to..

Knowing heat tends to kill a trans, has anyone added a aux trans cooler?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm curious what everyone else's transmission temp sits at when they are driving?

I feel that even on a short drive my temp seems to climb pretty high.. Not sure if it works have any effect or not, but would the front skid on the Trailhawk, effect the cooling, kinda trapping the ambient air around the motor/trans?
mine runs about 165 even at 78 mph+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.