Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Renegade from Illinois to Minnesota & back. Went to visit an old Marine Corps buddy & his family. Long story short the Renny performed absolutely perfect. Hills, valleys, straight away, etc.. never missed a beat. We averaged 30.1mpg on the trip. Plenty of 75+mph stints along the way. Being on this forum and relaying everything to my Wife, there was a little paranoia going into the trip. It was a pleasure to drive. The 9 speed tranny does a great job of always keeping the Jeep at a constant speed. It might seem a bit "different" to some folks having the vehicle shift so much, but it works & I have never had a 4wd/awd vehicle even get close to 30mpg. We were able to stretch a tank to 394 miles.
On top of all that, it's a fun vehicle to drive!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Took the Renegade from Illinois to Minnesota & back. Went to visit an old Marine Corps buddy & his family. Long story short the Renny performed absolutely perfect. Hills, valleys, straight away, etc.. never missed a beat. We averaged 30.1mpg on the trip. Plenty of 75+mph stints along the way. Being on this forum and relaying everything to my Wife, there was a little paranoia going into the trip. It was a pleasure to drive. The 9 speed tranny does a great job of always keeping the Jeep at a constant speed. It might seem a bit "different" to some folks having the vehicle shift so much, but it works & I have never had a 4wd/awd vehicle even get close to 30mpg. We were able to stretch a tank to 394 miles.
On top of all that, it's a fun vehicle to drive!
Glad you had a great trip. I am assuming yours is a FWD model with that mileage. I have the 4x4 latitude and have been hard pressed to get 29, closer to 27 with mostly highway driving. It seems that higher speeds (70+) really zaps the mileage in mine.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you had a great trip. I am assuming yours is a FWD model with that mileage. I have the 4x4 latitude and have been hard pressed to get 29, closer to 27 with mostly highway driving. It seems that higher speeds (70+) really zaps the mileage in mine.
Commando Latitude 4x4. I was conscious about my driving, but when I needed her to go, I made the Tigershark growl. We now have about 3100 on it and lifetime mileage is 25.6. I'm sure our trip to Wyoming would consume more fuel with mountainous driving, but overall I am pretty pleased. Our '09 Escape never saw the other side of 24mpg.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
This is exactly the way it is supposed to be.

Glad you've had fun and achieved what we're all looking for.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My mileage is similar to Retiredguns. I drive the speed limit so it's either 65 or 55 mph on the highways here in PA/NJ. I can easily achieve 30 to 31 on the highway at 55 mph on mostly flat roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.