Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a message from the dealership manager that I purchased from that the Renegade I purchased last Friday was one of only 943 sold in the United States so far as of today! It's been less than a week, but man am I loving mine. I am glad I bought the Trailhawk version over the one I had specced out. The Commando Green is perfect, though it does show dirt a fair amount.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Does that seem like a good amount from Jeep's perspective? I would have thought that Jeep was expecting to sell a bit more than this.
That rate would likely put them solidly in 3rd place in the b-segment. However that would be moving roughly 40% of kia soul numbers, which are number one. Note: that's assuming that all the competitors sell about what they did last year, which may not be true.

A rate equivalent ot 50-55k a year likely isn't a failure in general, and is likely about right until 2016 units start rolling off the line. Looking at production capacity numbers though, I suspect they want to either wind up well above 120k per year, or wind up slightly lower volume than cherokee at mid to high 70k per year. If they hit the 70s, they should be able to supply EU countries and the US out of the melfi plant. If they go over the alloted capacity, that means we need to consume units form brazil. If we do that, they probably want to ship a lot more and have the renegade be a signification portion of it's global sales number increase they are aiming for.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I wonder how many renegades were initially shipped from Italy. also, how many renegades are currently available for sale.
about 3000 were shipped initially. No idea if more arrived yet. From some people's statements, about 1800 or so were initially allocated. However, pretty much every place has gotten more allocated since their initial very limited numbers, so who knows what the pipeline looks like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.