Jeep Renegade Forum banner

A/C Compressor on, Radiator Fan off, Warm air

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  raz-0 
#1 ·
Hello, i have just bought Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2016. figured out that there is a problem with A/C. here are symptoms:

When i turn on A/C, compressor is engaging, but Radiator Fan does not starts . when Coolant temperature goes up to 102 degree C Fan starts on Low Speed , and when Coolant Temp goes to 107 degree C Fan starts high speed. this helps AC to blow cold air. when temp goes down to 90 degree C Fan goes off , A/C blows warm air and fan waits for Coolant temp to activate.

I have Freon 450 g inside as recommended R1234yf. Cannot figure out what can cause problem. i am searching already a month for solution but cannot figure out . also i took car to dealer but they cannot find out what is a reason .

Note: there is no condensate dropping under car( as i saw on all vehicles when A/C is on and working, there must be water drops under car)

#4 ·
Have someone check the charge of 1234yf on the a//c, on my 2018 the fan doesn't automatically come on when you turn on a/c, when pressure of a/c gets high enough it will trigger a switch and turn fan on till pressure goes back to normal.
I'm thinking you are low on refrigerant and it's not getting high enough to trigger fan.

#5 ·
I've had the same issue. I wanted to regas the AC but before that I got the injectors cleaned and after that the AC started giving some actual cold air, it probably still needs refrigerant but now it seems to work decent. At first it was giving warm air just as you described, it might be a bit bigger issue than you think. You should try an injector cleaner liquid, they are not expensive and you just add it when topping up the fuel tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.