Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read reviews in car magazines, and some comments here, regarding underpowered/ sluggishness or whatever you want to call it. I decided before going to Chrysler/Jeep dealer (12/22/2015) that the Renegade was out, and I'd be test driving a Chrysler 200S with a 6 cylinder to replace my current leased 2013 Charger SXT with AWD and 6 cylinders.

I test drove the 200S, and commented to the salesman that my Charger had a little better acceleration, and my gf said it wasn't comfortable as the Charger. The salesman said the 200S has 184 hp, and I said that's not a 6 cylinder. He then checked his tablet and realized the 200S came in 4 and 6 cylinders. Since the gf didn't think the comfort was there, and I actually thought the 200S with 4 cylinders had pretty good pick up, I asked to check out the Renegade. I let my gf drive the test vehicle. The rest is history. We now have a new 2015 Renegade Limited. I've been playing around with it by shifting manually, and whether I do it that way or let it go full auto, IMHO, it has pretty good acceleration; not as good as the Charger, but good enough.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm quite satisfied with the acceleration the 2.4L engine the Renegade has.

This comment comes from a guy that also drives a 485 hp Challenger (all stock). :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Read reviews in car magazines, and some comments here, regarding underpowered/ sluggishness or whatever you want to call it. I decided before going to Chrysler/Jeep dealer (12/22/2015) that the Renegade was out, and I'd be test driving a Chrysler 200S with a 6 cylinder to replace my current leased 2013 Charger SXT with AWD and 6 cylinders.

I test drove the 200S, and commented to the salesman that my Charger had a little better acceleration, and my gf said it wasn't comfortable as the Charger. The salesman said the 200S has 184 hp, and I said that's not a 6 cylinder. He then checked his tablet and realized the 200S came in 4 and 6 cylinders. Since the gf didn't think the comfort was there, and I actually thought the 200S with 4 cylinders had pretty good pick up, I asked to check out the Renegade. I let my gf drive the test vehicle. The rest is history. We now have a new 2015 Renegade Limited. I've been playing around with it by shifting manually, and whether I do it that way or let it go full auto, IMHO, it has pretty good acceleration; not as good as the Charger, but good enough.
I had a Charger SXT as well before going to a renegade trailhawk. After a month I was used to the decline in power. Don't even miss the speed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just came from a Focus ST. The turbo 4cyl was surprisingly quick and so was the torque steer.
I did a 306mile drive yesterday in the Renegade and was wishing for more power on the Cross Bronx Expressway. I learned to manually knock it down a couple of gears before making a passing maneuver and give myself a little more space.
If this Tiger Shark engine were turbo it would be amazing.
I still love this new Jeep and am having a blast with it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.