Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I was just wondering if any of you have removed your A-Pillars?

In other cars I've owned, there were special precautions you were supposed to take due to air bags. I was just wondering, if any of those are necessary for us and where the clips are/what is the best way to remove the pillar?

I am attempting to run some wiring from an add-a-circuit fuse up the a-pillar to the black box behind the mirror to power a GPS, Dash Cam and eventually a Day/Night mirror.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
104 Posts
In other words, you are not "removing" the A pillars - just wanting access to them so that you can route wiring to the rear view mirror area.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In other words, you are not "removing" the A pillars - just wanting access to them so that you can route wiring to the rear view mirror area.
Correct, I am removing them, with the intention of putting them back once the wiring is in place. I dont really want to "jam" the wire into the a-pillar space with a trim tool. I'd rather secure it under the a-pillar.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are all very cruel. The A pillar is the structural part of the car. You wish to remove the interior cover.:nerd:
Thanks for clarifying... although, now in that context, I realize I was previously being mocked. :|

Anyway, I have been looking for information on how to remove the interior trim piece that runs along the A-pillar, as there seems to be no service manual easily obtainable by a novice. I will continue my search.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Thanks for clarifying... although, now in that context, I realize I was previously being mocked. :|

Anyway, I have been looking for information on how to remove the interior trim piece that runs along the A-pillar, as there seems to be no service manual easily obtainable by a novice. I will continue my search.

I think I have seen a thread here where someone did it. try searching for lightbar on this forum.

Actually on reflection it may have been someone doing something similar to what you wish to do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have seen a thread here where someone did it. try searching for lightbar on this forum.

Actually on reflection it may have been someone doing something similar to what you wish to do.
Thanks! I'll keep looking. I did come across someone who ran a lightbar but the wiring was under the weather stripping outside the car along a-pillar but I didn't specifically search for lightbars before. I'll give it a thorough search.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I opened mine in order to run a charger for a GPS unit. It was a pain, and the cover was not completely removed. There was one clip that wouldn't quite let go and I didn't want to force it. In the end, by opening the pillar a bit and removing the speaker cover in that corner I was able to squeak a charger up there. I just gently pried away the plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Drivers Side Pillar Cover Removal

Has anyone removed the drivers side pillar cover? I would like to run some wiring up to the ceiling pod, taking off the pillar cover would be helpful.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yea its easy and I'm a knob with this stuff.

You won't break any clips either which is good cause I broke loads taking off other parts.
NB: Wash you hands before you start or keep a couple of pairs of cheapo gloves about.
It will feel like its going to be hard to get it back on but it's not. It will slap into place once you get the bottom into the dash again.

What I can't remember off the top of my head is if I needed to take that triangle at your knee, that faces outside, off to get at 2 screws. But I don't think so unless your going 'down' to the door sills area. (which is also easy).
In fact the whole front area is easy to take apart even the glove box once you can find the screws.

I have wire going from the fuse box to the mirror.
The whole headliner along the windscreen is wide open so very easy to hide stuff up there. (coils of spare video cable etc).

PS Get some plastic trim removal gear on amazon.

Reactions: PatPicciano
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.