Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. New Renegade owner here. Loving it so far with one exception! The car was delivered with a kind of sheen on the windshield. Salesman gave me the fast answer and told me to use rubbing alcohol as it was probably from the shipping wrap. That helped but didn't all come off. My son has been back to the dealer twice and the windshield still has this film on it. My son looked at other Renegade at the dealer and they had the same kind of sheen. Anyone have any input or ideas please?

Thanks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hello to everyone. New Renegade owner here. Loving it so far with one exception! The car was delivered with a kind of sheen on the windshield. Salesman gave me the fast answer and told me to use rubbing alcohol as it was probably from the shipping wrap. That helped but didn't all come off. My son has been back to the dealer twice and the windshield still has this film on it. My son looked at other Renegade at the dealer and they had the same kind of sheen. Anyone have any input or ideas please?

Thanks!
Welcome to the forums and congratz on your new Renny! :)

I didn't notice anything with the windshield on my Latitude, purchase back in June - seemed normal. And I didn't have to clean it any special way in order to get it to look that way.

I wonder if it could be some type of clear cover that they didn't remove - kind of like when you buy a new cellphone, it normally has that piece of clear plastic you need to remove from the screen? Not sure... Very odd...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - it was almost like dried in rain spots on the windshield. We used rubbing alcohol and it seemed to come off - but there were some spots still there. While at the dealer, my son noticed all the Renegades on the lot had the same stuff on them. It seems a little odd.

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
Thank you - it was almost like dried in rain spots on the windshield. We used rubbing alcohol and it seemed to come off - but there were some spots still there. While at the dealer, my son noticed all the Renegades on the lot had the same stuff on them. It seems a little odd.

Well, one possibility is that it is transport fallout of some sort. The reason you see cars so plastic wrapped now is that a lot of cars were picking up soot/ash near certain stretches of rail lines and when mixed with moisture, it was oxidizing paint and causing a lot of warranty issues for the finish on new cars.

It may also be that whatever the dealer's shiny car crew hits the lots with has some kind of "wax" additive in it, and they just spray it like madmen and it is now dried on your windshield. I know mine dispense tire shine form a garden sprayer with abandon and get it on all sorts of things you don't want it on.

If that's the case, try a cleaner that strips wax, a microfiber towel, and some elbow grease.

Also, pics would be useful to make sure we are imagining what you are talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.