Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Currently FIAT only offers one Abarth model, the 500. While another is expected in the form of the 124 Spider, another could join us sooner rather then later. The 500X Abarth.

“Besides the 124 and 500, we are thinking about an all-new addition to the line-up,” Fiat Chrysler Group chief operating officer Alfredo Altavilla quipped to Auto Express. “The 500X is one of the options being considered.”

Rumor has it that FIAT is considering using the high strung 1.75L Turbo 4, developed first for the Alfa Romeo 4C and also expected in the Abarth 124. Visually expect the hopped up norm, lowered ride height, aggressive bumpers, spoiler, larger wheels as well as Abarth specific interior and instrumentation.

The 500X would find itself in a relatively sparse section of the segment, competing with the Mini Countryman JCW and Nissan's NISMO Juke.

However what could be interesting regards the Renegade. Jeep has let it be known they will be developing a line of Trackhawk branded vehicles, replacing the SRT badging. Could we potentially see a Renegade featuring the little Alfa's turbo 4, dropped, wider, whatever?

Maybe, pretty please with a cherry on top...

· Registered
15 Posts
However what could be interesting regards the Renegade. Jeep has let it be known they will be developing a line of Trackhawk branded vehicles, replacing the SRT badging. Could we potentially see a Renegade featuring the little Alfa's turbo 4, dropped, wider, whatever? [/B]

Maybe, pretty please with a cherry on top...
Yes please. Most of these never see any dirt so a sporty good handling and more powerful option would be a pleasant development for me.

· Registered
831 Posts
I'm sure there would be a good chunk of people who would like to see that engine in the Renegade. And even aside from the Renegade, I just wouldn't touch anything that has to do with the Fiat 500.
DAM man, better get off the Renegade forum then. Trucks based on the FIAT Small Wide 4x4 platform... which surprise surprise is derived from the FIAT 500 ;) >:D

Even so, your comprehension betrays you. The engine comes from the Alfa 4C, not the FIAT 500... but what do details matter...

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
DAM man, better get off the Renegade forum then. Trucks based on the FIAT Small Wide 4x4 platform... which surprise surprise is derived from the FIAT 500 ;) >:D

Even so, your comprehension betrays you. The engine comes from the Alfa 4C, not the FIAT 500... but what do details matter...
Now now, if you are going to be pedantic, make sure you are right.

The 500 is on the fiat mini platform. The renegade is on the fiat small wide 4x4 platform. Which is derived from the small wide long wheel base platform (which the 500L uses), which is derived from the small long wheel base platform, which is derived form the small platform, which fiat wise is a grande punto or fiorino.

As for engine bickering, why in the US would they offer the alfa engine when they will be launching the hurricane which is supposed to be amenable to turbo charging and most folks are guessing that 270hp or so should be doable in a turbo setup.

· Registered
125 Posts
My wife has the fiat500 sport convertible and loves it the interior is full leather and the quality is fabulous, its a 1.1lt engine which needs to be revved hard for bags of fun, it sticks to the road like glue, and I love driving it too, the looks are iconic, so it's a car that will always be fashionable

· Registered
78 Posts
Are they still doing this ?

That looks really nice, Are they actually going to make the Trackhawk?

I googled it and not too much info, lots of not so trustworthy junk comes up and no other pics at all.

One link said 2017release date and that it was going to have near 300hp with Dual Turbo 2.4l Tigershark.

Want to know more, real info, Chris

· Registered
106 Posts
Just badges or tune it as well?
Definitely performance mods and a tune. Currently looking into exhaust options but nothing that's currently offered interests me (4 outlet exhaust on a 1.4 jeep is a little ridiculous). Talked to a guy at a local muffler shop about doing the reso' & muffler delete to get that Abarth sound back in my life. Got a few ideas but that transfer case and drive shaft definitely get in the way. Maybe some electronics will be involved with the exhaust :nerd:

Reactions: kevinfourlegs
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.