Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently my 2017 jeep renegade latitude 4x4 stopped blowing air out of the vents. I took it to my local trusted mechanic. They notified me that my blower motor had died. Not a big deal, I replaced it and still no air coming out the vents. Next thing we could think of was the resistor was the issue. Replaced that. Still none of that sweet sweet air. I made a wild assumption based off my jeep wrangler being picky with aftermarket AC actuators that I just needed mopar parts to make it work. Wrong I was. New OEM parts didn't make the AC magically work. My mechanic and I then went through the fuse box together. We checked all relevant fuses listed by the manual. This included all three fuse box locations (hood, dash, trunk). No blown fuses. Everything checks out yet the AC will not blow air.

My mechanic and myself are at a loss. Last thing we could think of was that the AC module had gone bad.

Has anyone come across this issue? At this point Im ready to take the jeep to the dealer to have them diagnose the issue.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

The dealer is the best place to go. They have every tool needed to find the problem.

Reactions: kahnah

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Oh dear, what a disaster in this weather and no heat. I really feel your pain.

Did someone not reply as little as 2 days ago on this forum that they topped up their radiator reservoir and immediately noticed a visible increase in temperature after numerous attempts to fix a similar issue?

Oh wait let me be a "smart arse" for once :p:D. They took my advice of checking the coolant level and it worked. Give that try and see. It's a zero-cost effort and may just assist again.

Fingers crossed. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just to clarify the blower motor is not firing up on any speed. A/c Resistor and blower motor have been replaced and still the blower motor will not turn on. Today I am going to check the fuse box again even if that means replacing all related fuses.

for reference these are the fuses I will be working on:

Rectangle Office equipment Font Pattern Diagram

Font Parallel Rectangle Slope Number

Font Number Rectangle Parallel Circle

Rectangle Parallel Schematic Engineering Plan

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Logo

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Please, before trying anything technical just pause for thought! Try the simple fix, it has now worked on more than one occasion.

Your choice. :cry:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I tested every fuse on the dash fuse box, all work perfectly well. The hood fuse box also checks out. I have not removed any fuses at this time.
Now I have a new issue. My radio is not working properly. It will flicker on and off. It is currently off with a backlight running.
There seems to be some sort of electrical or body ecm issue. At this point I’m going to let the dealership figure out the issue. If it becomes to pricey I may just set the car ablaze.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My Son in law had a similar problem with his Grand Cherokee. Mice had chewed some of the insulation off the wiring. Fix-some of the wiring harness had to be replaced - also a fan control relay. As to no air coming out your vents...if the fan is running the vents may be obstructed. I had a similar issue with my '16 Renegade that traced back to the cabin filter being packed full of bird seed my an enterprising mouse.
Food Ingredient Cuisine Animal feed Bird supply

·
Super Moderator
2,225 Posts
LOL 🤣

@OP Check all the cable connectors to the fuse panels are all well seated ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
When the old one broke down, I once bought a used air conditioner in my car. Two weeks after the purchase, the fan engine died. I tried to contact the seller who sold me this damn air conditioner, but I couldn't get through to him. My wife said he had already changed his phone number twice and left our state. Maybe she's right about that. I fell for a cheap product and the seller's fairy tale that he just buys the same model, but with updated details, so he sells the old one. I did not take it to repair and immediately threw it in the trash. I bought the next air conditioner already in the store, with a six-month warranty. I also read many Caravan Air Conditioner Reviews to be sure of the quality of this purchase. Always read reviews and look at the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently my 2017 jeep renegade latitude 4x4 stopped blowing air out of the vents. I took it to my local trusted mechanic. They notified me that my blower motor had died. Not a big deal, I replaced it and still no air coming out the vents. Next thing we could think of was the resistor was the issue. Replaced that. Still none of that sweet sweet air. I made a wild assumption based off my jeep wrangler being picky with aftermarket AC actuators that I just needed mopar parts to make it work. Wrong I was. New OEM parts didn't make the AC magically work. My mechanic and I then went through the fuse box together. We checked all relevant fuses listed by the manual. This included all three fuse box locations (hood, dash, trunk). No blown fuses. Everything checks out yet the AC will not blow air.

My mechanic and myself are at a loss. Last thing we could think of was that the AC module had gone bad.

Has anyone come across this issue? At this point Im ready to take the jeep to the dealer to have them diagnose the issue.
Yes i'm currently experiencing the same issue. I am taking it back for the 3rd time in less than a year. I'm very frustrated. Lmk if you figure something out. Mine is 2017 as well. Only 38000 miles on it went out started. The first thing that was replaced was the main wire harness melted. Then it was the blower. Still doesn't work. Only 50000 miles on it now. So at a huge loss that's wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to clarify the blower motor is not firing up on any speed. A/c Resistor and blower motor have been replaced and still the blower motor will not turn on. Today I am going to check the fuse box again even if that means replacing all related fuses.

for reference these are the fuses I will be working on:

View attachment 2396353467
View attachment 2396353466
View attachment 2396353465
View attachment 2396353468
View attachment 2396353464
I'm taking mine back to dealership on Monday. I will let you know if I find out what the problem is. I'm getting pissed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts