Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2018 renagade sport for a hell of a deal. 6 speed manual 4wd with all the extras I wanted. I guess between the manual transmission and a/c they couldn’t sell it. Anyway would anyone be able to provide a complete parts list of what would be needed to add it. I’m not worried about labor cost I would be doing it myself. But I’m not familiar with all the differences. I would be willing to make a a write up with pictures for the community once I figure it out. Thanks in adavance.

·
Super Moderator
3,708 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

Good luck on your mission.

Reactions: Jeepatron

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
290 Posts
I got no clue all the parts you would need. You can always take it to a dealership and have them order all the necessary parts for it for you. That way, you have all the correct parts and can just take it home and work on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,389 Posts
You just swap in a 2018 with AC.

Nobody has managed to add AC on any of the renegade forums that I have seen. In a modern vehicle with RPC cut outs and other fun stuff, all done over can-bus, it's a matter of basically reprogromming every computer in the vehicle to think it is a different vin with AC. Which may not even be possible to do without adding some other features.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Like everyone else said, putting a A/C unit in your vehicle would be cost prohibitive. Just buying all the (very, very expensive) parts is only the tip of the iceberg. In modern computer controlled vehicles, we can no longer "buy and install" whatever we want. Besides the standard compressor and such, you'd have to get all the brackets, serpentine belt, a new wiring harness, fan, dash switches, dash panels, etc., etc. and involve the dealer to "turn on" the installed items to avoid havoc on your canbus system.

The days of buying a kit from J.C. Whitney (showing my age here) and bolting to the dash are way over.

Could it be done ? Of course it can. But you'd spend a whole lot more than the price difference of trading your Jeep in and buying another that already has A/C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts