Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! I just purchased a renegade latitude and want to add some additional lighting. What I would like to know is if anyone has attempted to add anything to the center console buttons not in use on their renegade? mine only uses the hazard light button and the rest are just button shaped pieces of plastic. I am trying to keep the stock appearance instead of having aftermarket switches on the dash. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
hello all! I just purchased a renegade latitude and want to add some additional lighting. What I would like to know is if anyone has attempted to add anything to the center console buttons not in use on their renegade? mine only uses the hazard light button and the rest are just button shaped pieces of plastic. I am trying to keep the stock appearance instead of having aftermarket switches on the dash. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
I looked around but couldn't find any available aftermarket switches. I'd like to rig up some off-road lights eventually and have one of those switches drive it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I looked around but couldn't find any available aftermarket switches. I'd like to rig up some off-road lights eventually and have one of those switches drive it.
You could get OEM switches and install those instead of the switch covers that now fill the unoccupied switch cutouts. That's what I did on my Audi. This works if you have traditional wiring, but it may not work if the lighting is somehow routed/switched through the car's computer. In the latter case you may need to program the computer if you make changes to the lighting/switch setup.

If the OEM lighting circuit goes somehow through the computer, you should still be able to install traditional wiring and use OEM switches. I would however suggest to run a relay between the switch and the power source, or the switch will eventually get fried.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm having the same problem finding a switch to fit into the bank next to the hazards one. Does anyone know if Jeep or Fiat can supply these, or is it drill hole in dash or fit a blank panel? I,m looking to fit an old set of Cibie spot lights I had for one of my old cars in the 80's as the headlights are a bit naff for where I live, (wilds of Northumberland) & I want to be able to use them with the main beam switch stalk as well as be able to isolate them if needed

·
Read Only
108 Posts
switches

You can get the whole panel for about $130 from Jeep parts don't see only the switches listed. Guess you can use the switches for acc. you don't have some way.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I was hoping to do something like this for the Globex Performance leds for the lower grill, and run a switch at the factory placement...but it seems they will sell it with all buttons built in?? Perhaps I should get the one that has more usable buttons? I only have heated seats, and 5 empty 'fake' buttons..part #2 on this page

https://moparonlineparts.com/mop-parts/#parts?cPath=25_448_450

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.