Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
Bronco Sport has the liftgate.
And the old LandRover Freelander had a wind-down rear hatch window.

But not the Renegade.
Looks like a 'rack/carrier would be the only solution.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The only option would be a totally new rear hatch that has that option already built in (and it's non-existent). To modify the original hatch would be extremely expensive, if at all possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only option would be a totally new rear hatch that has that option already built in (and it's non-existent). To modify the original hatch would be extremely expensive, if at all possible.
That’s what I was afraid of. You’d think Jeep would consider these things and also rubber flooring instead of carpet. The amount of sand I get in my vehicle is ridiculous and hard to vacuum out especially in tight spots.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That’s what I was afraid of. You’d think Jeep would consider these things and also rubber flooring instead of carpet. The amount of sand I get in my vehicle is ridiculous and hard to vacuum out especially in tight spots.
You always have the option of tearing out the carpet. My nephew did that to his Wrangler then threw down some WeatherTech floor mats. He was tired of always cleaning the carpet. I asked him if it was noisier, he said he had no idea, he always has the top off.

You could try some WeatherTech mats over your carpet so it catches some of the sand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have generic mats that try to copy Weather Tech and they do an okay job. When I get it paid off and am able to do modifications, I was thinking of ripping out the carpet and getting it sprayed with rhino lining. Only problem is…that stuff is really rough like sandpaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts