Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some cool looking aftermarket headlights i want. i have a blacked out renegade and this would look nice. only problem i don't know if the european HID lights will fit into the USA halogen lights. Do the wires hook up the same? also does anyone see these lights sold anywhere in the US? I'm not sure if i can order from this company because its not english. heres the link to their site http://www.rdcustom.it/store/jeep/renegade/trasformazione-fari-jeep-renegade-detail

·
Registered
580 Posts
i don't know if the european HID lights will fit into the USA halogen lights.]
You want to know if the e-code HID lamps will fit in the US halogen reflector housing?

They may somehow fit, but that doesn't mean it's a viable solution for proper, not to mention, street-legal lighting. The e-code HID lamps must be imsntalled in matching projector headlight housings with an optical focusing system designed for the lamp in question.

US halogen housing have reflector housings. Yes, there are kits that let you install an HID lamp into a reflector housing. That's neither legal not will art result in a proper beam pattern.

You could install HID e-codes, if you get all the associated components (ballast, headlight leveler). You certainly should install a headlight leveler. HID e-codes are legal in some US states (Oregon and Washington, I think). Practically speaking, unless you live in a state where you have a safety inspection, nobody would be the wiser anyway. In case of an accident, if it comes out that you had illegal equipment installed, you may lose insurance coverage after the fact. That could screw you over good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.